What to do after the 12th? What are the top demanding courses after the 12th? Well, these are a few questions that might be haunting you after you crossed your first milestone i.e., the 12th board examination. These queries are universal among students and you are not the only one. But don’t worry we are here to provide you with solutions to all such queries!
Before moving forward, let’s talk about what took us to write this article. Well, we have noticed that medical and engineering: the most commonly sought-after courses after class 12th aren’t a piece of cake. There’s a huge competition. So, you must be wondering what to do after the 12th or maybe what unique course you may consider. Therefore, we have listed some unique courses after 12th for you that you must consider.
How to Decide the what to do after 12th?
Now, before diving into the list of courses available for various streams after 12th or what to do after 12th science, we would like you to consider a few factors which will help you to decide on the best course for you. Here’s a quick student guide to selecting the perfect career options after 12th.
Option A: Continue with your Existing Stream and Go for Higher Studies
If you have an interest in a particular stream or a subject and have been performing well in the same, it might be the right career option after the 12th. In order to make the best of the opportunities your way, we suggest you avail career guidance after 12th to understand the latest career trends related to it.
Option B: Switch to a New Stream and Go for Higher Education
Many times, our personal choices may not turn out to be good professional choices. You may not want to continue with the stream which you have chosen in Class 11-12th. Depending on your aptitude and personal interest, you can switch to a new stream and have a bright career after the 12th. Just be careful while applying for a course as many colleges prefer students with a strong background in particular subjects.
To get admission you need to sit for entrance exams related to your chosen stream and the subject of study after class 12th. Nowadays, most reputed colleges offering a plethora of courses after the 12th have adopted the trend of taking entrance tests.
So, you need to figure out your potential. You need to ask yourself this question, “am I prepared enough to crack the entrance examination for this particular course?” Well, if you are then you may stick to that course. Moreover, seeking career guidance after 12th can really help you stay prepared and updated with the examination schedule.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
What to do after 12th Science?
As we have discussed the factors to consider to decide on your course, now let’s look at some of the conventional as well as new courses after completing class 12 that you can pursue to build a successful future after 12th Science.
In this section, we will discuss the possible options you may consider after 12th Science and it could be PCM or PCB:
What to do after 12th PCM?
Well, we shall now discuss the career options for someone who has pursued PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) combination in Class 11-12th. Let’s start:
- Exciting and Futuristic Engineering Disciplines:
Following is the list of courses that you may consider after the 12th PCM which is in high demand today and will make you future-ready for sure.
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Bioengineering (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biomedical Engineering (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Engineering Disciplines which will always keep you Job-Ready:
If you do not get a seat in the above-mentioned disciplines then these courses will surely lead you to one of the best career options. Have a look at the few more technical courses you may pursue after completing class 12th with PCM you may consider:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Core Engineering Disciplines which are Flexible:
These best degree courses you may opt for after your higher education with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry will help you to switch into many other fields later.
- Other Exciting Options:
These are a few more new courses which ensure a high-salary and exciting job profile.
- Industrial Design/Product Design/Vehicle Design
- Data Science/ Data Analytics
- Nautical Science/ Merchant Navy Training
- Commercial Pilot License
- Fashion Technology
Explore more about other courses or streamwise courses after 12th
What to do after 12th PCB?
Moving forward, we shall now discuss the career options for someone who has pursued PCB combination in Class 11-12th. Let’s start:
- Options in Medical Science:
- MBBS (Medicine & Surgery)
- BAMS (Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
- BHMS (Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- BNYS (Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
- BDS (Dental Science)
- Options in Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- B.Pharm. (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (6 years)
- Some options in Allied Medical Sciences:
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Radiology / Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology/ Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
- Few Fundamental Biological Science best degree courses after higher education (class 12th) for a good career are:
- Biological Science/ Bioscience/ Biology (B.S. or Integrated M.S course)
- Botany / Zoology / Physiology
- Food Science/ Food Science & Technology
- Fisheries Science
What to do after 12th Arts and Humanities?
Now, let’s talk about the courses for someone who has pursued Humanities/Arts in Class 11-12th. Note that you can also shift to these courses even if you had passed your 12th from Science and Commerce stream. Here we go:
- For someone who wants to build a career in the academic field:
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. in Political Science
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. History
What after 12th Commerce?
No wonder today, there is a huge commerce scope after 12th. Let’s talk about the career options for someone who has pursued Commerce in Class 11-12th. Note that you can also shift to these courses if you have a science background with Mathematics. Here we go:
- For someone who is good in technical subjects like Mathematics:
- B.B.A. / B.M.S. / B.B.M. (especially with specializations in Data Science, Data Analytics, Finance, etc.)
- B.Com. with Accounting and Finance
- B.Com. (with Information Technology, Computer Applications, Marketing, Finance, etc.)
- CA (Chartered Accountancy)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountancy)
Steps to Filter Out the Perfect Course:
Too many good options, which one should you go for? What are the best-fit options after 12th for you? Going through this list, you might be thinking that this is a problem of plenty. But wait! In fact, what you have read above is just a glimpse into what to do after the 12th. There could be more than 550 careers to explore and more than 2000 educational options after 12th. Complicated? Just follow this simple process to filter out the perfect course for you.
1st Step: Understand what your real strengths and weaknesses are – your aptitudes, interests, and personality traits. Read about how occupational interests influence your career choice.
2nd Step: Narrow down your searches to a few clusters of careers that are the best fit for you in the future (as per your attitudes, interests, and personality).
3rd Step: Student’s Guide: Courses After 12th Class for you and check what courses you must do after 12th to pursue these careers.
4th Step: Take the help of an expert who can help you make an informed choice.
Get started now!
Find out how an expert career guide and detailed career information can help you. Find out all about the courses after the 12th and what would be the best choice for you.
To help you make a well-informed and good decision about what you do after 12th, iDreamCareer offers information on more than 550 careers and more than 2200 career specialization pathways. This in-depth information helps you to get answers to questions like – what are the career options after 12th, what after intermediate courses are available, what are the best courses after 12th, and how to go about.
That’s it. We hope that we have cleared some of your doubts regarding the selection process for the best courses after 12th and what to do after 12th? Well, see you again. Thank You!
- Courses Without Maths After 12th
- 20 Most Beneficial Government Exams after 12th
- Science Courses after 12th
- Best Courses After 12th Commerce with High Salary
- Career Options after 12th Humanities
- Best Courses after 12 Science
- Top PCB Career Options
There are several competitive exams that students can take after the 12th, depending on their career aspirations. Some of the most popular competitive exams include the JEE for engineering, the NEET for medicine, the CLAT for law, the NDA exam for defence services, the IMU CET for maritime courses, and the National Institute of Design (NID) exam for design courses.
After 12th medical, students can pursue various courses in the medical field. Some of the popular options include MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BPT, B.Sc Nursing, and Bachelor of Pharmacy. Students can also appear for various entrance exams such as NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, and AIPVT to get admission to these courses.
After 12th non-medical, students can pursue various courses in the fields of engineering, technology, architecture, and science. Some of the popular options include B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Arch, B.Des, and BCA. Students can also appear for various entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, and NATA to get admission to these courses.
To become a pilot after the 12th, students can pursue a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) course from a recognized flying school. The CPL course includes theoretical and practical training in subjects such as aviation meteorology, navigation, air regulations, and aircraft technical knowledge.
After 12th, students can pursue various courses and career options depending on their interests and aptitude. Some of the popular options include undergraduate courses in engineering, technology, commerce, humanities, and science, as well as diploma and certificate courses in various fields. Students can also explore career options such as civil services, defence services, entrepreneurship, sports, and creative arts.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
- April 23, 20236 Comments|
- August 27, 202250 Comments|
- March 30, 20209 Comments|
- March 27, 202054 Comments|
- April 10, 202369 Comments|
Anushree has 4+ years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Senior Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.