What career after 12th? What are the top demanding courses after the 12th? What should I do after 12th? Or what to do after 12th science? Well, these are a few questions that might be haunting you after you crossed your first milestone i.e., the 10th board examination. To be honest, these queries are universal among students and you are not the only one.
Before moving forward, let’s talk about what took us to write this article? Well, we have noticed that medical and engineering: the most common sought-after courses after class 12th aren’t a piece of cake. There’s a huge competition. So, you must be wondering what are some other options? Therefore, we have listed some new courses after the 12th for you which you must consider.
Career Counselors Can Help You Manage a Career Crisis
How to Decide the Best Course after 12th: A Student’s Guide
Now, before diving into the list of courses available for various streams after 12th or what to do after 12th science, we would like you to consider a few factors which will help you to decide on the best course for you. Here’s a quick student guide to select the perfect career options after 12th.
Option A: Continue with your Existing Stream and Go for Higher Studies
If you have an interest in a particular stream or a subject and have been performing well in the same, it might be the right career option after 12th. In order to make the best of the opportunities your way, we suggest you avail career guidance after 12th to understand the latest career trends related to it.
Option B: Switch to a New Stream and Go for Higher Education
Many times, our personal choices may not turn out to be a good professional choices. You may not want to continue with the stream which you have chosen in Class 11-12th. Depending on your aptitude and personal interest, you can switch to a new stream and have a bright career after the 12th. Just be careful while applying for a course as many colleges prefer students with a strong background in particular subjects.
Key Decision Point: Which entrance examination to sit for your admission to the best courses after class 12th?
To get admission you need to sit for entrance exams related to your chosen stream and subject of study after class 12th. Nowadays, most reputed colleges offering a plethora of courses after 12th have adopted the trend of taking entrance tests.
So, you need to figure out your potential. You need to ask yourself this question, “am I prepared enough to crack the entrance examination for this particular course?” Well, if you are then you may stick to that course. Moreover, seeking career guidance after 12th can really help you stay prepared and updated with the examination schedule.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
List of courses after 12th Class
As we have discussed the factors to consider to decide on your course, now let’s look at some of the conventional as well as new courses after 12th that you can pursue to build a successful career after 12th.
Courses after 12th PCM
Well, we shall now discuss the career options for someone who has pursued Science with PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) combination in Class 11-12th. Let’s start:
- Exciting and Futuristic Engineering Disciplines:
Following is the list of courses after 12th PCM which are in high demand today and will make you future-ready for sure.
- Data Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Bioengineering (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biomedical Engineering (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology (you can do even if you have studied PCM only)
- Engineering Disciplines which will always keep you Job-Ready:
If you do not get a seat in the above-mentioned disciplines then these courses will surely lead you to one of the best career options. Have a look at the few more technical courses after 12th PCM you may consider:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Core Engineering Disciplines which are Flexible:
These best degree courses after 12th MPC (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) will help you to switch into many other fields later.
- Other Exciting Options:
These are a few more new courses after 12th MPC which ensure a high-salary and exciting job profile.
- Industrial Design/Product Design/Vehicle Design
- Data Science/ Data Analytics
- Nautical Science/ Merchant Navy Training
- Commercial Pilot License
- Fashion Technology
Different courses after 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
Moving forward, we shall now discuss the career options for someone who has pursued Science with PCB combination in Class 11-12th. Let’s start:
- Options in Medical Science:
- MBBS (Medicine & Surgery)
- BAMS (Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
- BHMS (Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- BNYS (Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
- BDS (Dental Science)
- Options in Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- B.Pharm. (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (6 years)
- Some options in Allied Medical Sciences:
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Radiology / Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology/ Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
- Few Fundamental Biological Science best degree courses after 12th for a good career are:
- Biological Science/ Bioscience/ Biology (B.S. or Integrated M.S course)
- Botany / Zoology / Physiology
- Food Science/ Food Science & Technology
- Fisheries Science
Options in Arts and Humanities Stream Courses after 12th
Now, let’s talk about the courses after 12th for someone who has pursued Humanities/Arts in Class 11-12th. Note that you can also shift to these courses even if you had passed your 12th from Science and Commerce stream. Here we go:
- For someone who wants to build a career in academic field:
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. in Political Science
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. History
Business & Commerce stream courses after 12th
No wonder today, there is a huge commerce scope after 12th. Let’s talk about the career options for someone who has pursued Commerce in Class 11-12th. Note that you can aslo shift to these courses if you have a science background with Mathematics. Here we go:
- For someone who is good in technical subjects like Mathematics:
- B.B.A. / B.M.S. / B.B.M. (especially with specializations in Data Science, Data Analytics, Finance, etc.)
- B.Com. with Accounting and Finance
- B.Com. (with Information Technology, Computer Applications, Marketing, Finance, etc.)
- CA (Chartered Accountancy)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountancy)
Options open to all with any stream and courses after 12th
Now, let’s talk about the career options which are open to all despite their stream in Class 11-12th. These courses are more creative and a blessing for students who want to follow their passion. Okay, let’s begin:
- For someone who is interested in the legal side of our life, society, and business:
- B.A. LL.B. / B.Sc. LL.B./ B.Com. LL.B./ B.B.A. LL.B. (5-years course)
- For creative enthusiasts and anyone with an artistic bent (you can do a Bachelor’s degree like B.Des. / B.Sc. or a 3 or 4 year Diploma):
- Fashion/ Apparel / Costume / Knitwear Design
- Textile Design / Surface Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Lifestyle Accessories Design/ Leather Design/ Jewellery Design
- Animation Design
- Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design/ Web Design/ UI-UX Design
- Digital Design
- Film and Video Design / SFX/ VFX Design
- Game Design
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts/ Sculpture
- Material Design/ Ceramic Design/ Craft Design
- Interior / Furniture Design
- And many others
- For those with a gift of language and communication
- Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication / Mass Media Studies / Similar
- Bachelor in English/ other languages
- For someone who is looking for different courses after 12th that can lead them to jobs right after a degree:
- Hotel Management/ Hotel & Catering Administration and Management
- Culinary Arts / Bakery & Confectionary
- Travel and Tourism Management/ Travel Administration / Aviation Management
- Tea Tasting
- Love computers? A few different courses after 12th are:
- B.Sc. IT (some colleges need Mathematics in 12th for this)
Steps to Filter Out the Perfect Course:
Too many good options, which one should you go for? What are the best fit courses after 12th for you? Going through this list, you might be thinking that this is a problem of plenty. But wait! In fact, what you have read above is just a glimpse into what to do after 12th. There could be more than 550 careers to explore and more than 2000 educational options after 12th. Complicated? Just follow this simple process to filter out the perfect course for you.
1st Step: Understand what your real strengths and weaknesses are – your aptitudes, interests, and personality traits. Read about how occupational interests influence your career choice.
2nd Step: Narrow down your searches to a few clusters of careers that are the best fit for you in the future (as per your attitudes, interests, and personality).
3rd Step: Student’s Guide: Courses After 12th Class for you and check what courses you must do after 12th to pursue these careers.
4th Step: Take the help of an expert who can help you make an informed choice.
Get started now!
Find out how an expert career guide and detailed career information can help you. Find out all about the courses after 12th and what would be the best choice for you.
To help you make a well informed and good decision about what you do after 12th, iDreamCareer offers information on more than 550 careers and more than 2200 career specialization pathways. This in-depth information helps you to get answers to questions like – what are the career options after 12th, what after intermediate courses are available, what are the best courses after 12th, and how to go about.
That’s it. We hope that we have cleared some of your doubts regarding the selection process for the best courses after 12th and what to do after 12th? Well, see you again. Thank You!
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard.
This will help us share relevant information with you
March 27, 202050 Comments|
March 27, 202026 Comments|
March 30, 20208 Comments|
March 30, 202012 Comments|
January 19, 20220 Comments|
After acquiring a bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and a post graduate diploma in management, Dipankar has been working as an entrepreneurial leader in several roles across career guidance and higher education sector for over two decades with noteworthy achievements. After a brief stint in Management Consulting and HR Consulting, he set up a not-for-profit enterprise for offering career counselling services in Kolkata in 1995 and received a Fellowship from the Ashoka Foundation, USA for doing pioneering work in youth development. In his next stint, he played a key leadership role in establishing India’s first corporate enterprise in career counselling in Mumbai. Thereafter he worked in higher education administration and marketing roles and worked with remarkable success in establishing new institutions, launching new academic programs, and in education marketing. In his last stint with an Australia and India based career education organisation, he led a global team which built a multi-dimensional knowledgebase for career education and was part of the leadership team which launched several products and services for career education in India. In his leisure, Dipankar loves to read books on different subjects including fiction.