There are different schools of medicine today. The most common school of medicine is allopathy which concerns our regular doctors and surgeons. Other old schools of medicine are Unani medicine, Ayurveda and Homoeopathy, etc. All these ancient medicine schools come from different regions and Homoeopathy happens to be a medieval German medicine school founded by Samuel Hahnemann. If you are sure to pursue this medical school, then do choose Homoeopathy Doctor as your profession.
Homoeopathic Doctor is a professional physician who has acquired knowledge of medicine from the school of Homoeopathy. As a homoeopathic doctor, you will diagnose patients, and give them homoeopathic medication (only approved as per Homoeopathy and recognised by the Indian medicine association). However, you cannot prescribe any modern-day medicine nor can you perform allopathic surgeries. You will be as good a doctor as an allopathic doctor but with different sets of procedures and treatments.
Why become a Homoeopathic doctor?
As a Homoeopathic doctor, you will use the principles, insights and techniques of homoeopathic medicine to help patients to maintain a healthy life, treat diseases, eliminate illness, reduce stress, etc.
As a Homoeopathic doctor, you will diagnose patients, and based on the diagnosis you will treat them through medication, diet, exercise, etc. As a Homoeopathic doctor, you are allowed to prescribe medicines as per the Homoeopathic treatment. No modern medicines can be prescribed by a Homoeopathic doctor.
What does a Homoeopathic doctor do?
As a Homoeopathic doctor, you will have different roles and responsibilities based on your speciality and super speciality. Following is the list of few roles and responsibilities across the specialities:
- As a Homoeopathic Doctor, you will prescribe medicines, administer treatment, therapy, medication, and messaging as per Homoeopathic Medical school
- You will advise on physical exercises, diets and other related aspects for helping a patient recover from an illness or disorder.
- You will address concerns or answer questions that patients have about their health and well-being.
- You will collect, record, and maintain patient information, including medical history, reports, or examination results.
- You will ensure the safety of patients and guests throughout the day and night.
- As a Homoeopathic Doctor working with AYUSH, you will visit each sub-centre under your areas once in a week.
- You will organize and participate in a health day organized at the Anganwadi center.
- You will assist the senior medical officer.
- You will receive patients at any odd hour for any clinical assistance.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
How to become a Homeopathic Doctor – Eligibility criteria
To become a Homoeopathic Doctor, you must obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery. Then you may opt to do an MD in Homoeopathic Medicine in any one of the following fields or a related field:
- Materia Medica
- Organon of Medicine & Homoeopathic Philosophy
- Paediatrics (Homoeopathy)
- Practice of Medicine (Homoeopathy)
- Psychiatry (Homoeopathy)
- After B.H.M.S., you can join AYUSH Centres and Homoeopathic Hospitals as Hakims, Homoeopathic Medical Officers or Homoeopathic Physicians.
- You can also join a Homoeopathic medical college at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Different state Public Service Commissions (Homoeopathic Departments) will hire you at different Posts like Medical Superintendent.
Salary of Homeopathic Doctor
- After completing the B.H.M.S./ M.D. course:
- At the entry-level, one joins as a Medical Officer and earn about Rs. 30,000 – 50,000 a month. With experience, their salary increases. Medical Superintendent earns from Rs. 56,000 to 1,77,000 per month.At the junior level with a work experience of 5-6 years, you would be earning anything between Rs. 50,000 to 2,00,000 per month.At the middle level with an experience of 8-12 years, you would be earning anything between Rs. 1,40,000 to 2,25,000 per month.
- At the senior level of over 12 years of work experience, you would be earning anything between Rs. 1,50,000 to 2,50,000 per month or even more.
Career Progression in Homeopathic Doctor profession
- My career growth in university and college states from Assistant Professor and then Associate Professor, Professor and Professor Emeritus. Professors can also get administrative positions such as Director/Dean/Vice Chancellor, etc
- If you Join as Medical Officer, then you will go on to become Deputy Medical Superintendent and then Additional Medical Superintendent and then Medical Superintendent. You might also become the director of the Hospital.
- If you join as Medical Superintendent, then you may become Assistant Director, Additional Director and then Director of Homoeopathic Medicine.
What does Industry Trends say – Future Prospects
Indian Medical industry is growing exponentially riding on strong demand due to rising incomes, greater health awareness and an increase in access to insurance. It might grow to 373 Billion USD in 2022 as per a report by ibef.org. Also, with the introduction of Ayushman Bharat, Insurance and medical benefit are given by the Government of India, and more and more people will start using medical facilities. With a separate department of AYUSH, the government is pushing for Homoeopathic medicine as well. Presently Rajasthan, Himachal, Up, West Bengal, Bihar and Maharashtra have a separate departments for Homoeopathic Medicine.
- Career as an Unani Doctor
- How to Become an Emergency Critical Care Technologist
- Career as Health Psychologist
- Become a Mental Health Professional
- Career as a Neurology Neuroscience Technologist
- Career as an Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologist
- Career as an Anesthesia Technician
- Career as a Cardiac Care Technician
- How to Become an Ophthalmologist
- Career as a Physiotherapy Assistant
- How to Become a Medical Scientist
- Career as a Veterinary Doctor
- Dietician Course Essentials
- Career in Optometry
- Career in Radiology
- Career in Audiology
- Career in Dentistry
- Career in Nursing
- Career in X-Ray Technology
- Career in Gynaecologist
- Career in Medical Surgeon
- Career as a Pharmacists
- Career as a Psychiatrist
- How to Become a General Physician
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
Watch Out for These Coolest High Paying Arts Stream JobsApril 23, 20236 Comments|
Importance of Co-Curricular Activities for StudentsAugust 27, 202250 Comments|
13 Best Jobs for Women in the 21st CenturyMarch 30, 20209 Comments|
Holistic development for Students: Meaning & ImportanceMarch 27, 202054 Comments|
Top Medical Courses Without NEETApril 10, 202369 Comments|