You will be taking care of the finances of the organization you are working with. That’s all. It is a well-paid but highly competitive job in a fast-paced environment and tremendous pressure.
What is CPA Course?
The CPA credential is the only licensing qualification in accounting & auditing in the US and is accepted globally. CPAs are in demand and needed everywhere – at public accounting firms (including Big 4) and at every company whether big or small (including MNCs).
There are 55 jurisdictions (50 states & 5 U.S. territories) with independent Boards of Accountancy. You must pass all four sections of the CPA Exam within 18 months. It is a computer-based test. You cannot take it on paper.
It’s Indian counterpart
The Indian CA qualification isn’t recognized in the USA. Although there is CPA and chartered accountant reciprocity among the US and some countries, no agreements currently exist between the US and India.
Therefore, an Indian CA wishing to work as a professional certified public accountant in the US must apply for the CPA course too.
What is CPA Course? – This is the only accepted US qualification for practising as a professional certified public accountant.
CPA course full form – Certified Public Accountant
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
CPA Course Details
CPA is a qualification accepted in the US whereas, India only has a handful of companies working under US accounting standards, hence prospects here in our country is at best moderately bleak with a CPA qualification.
The median salary for a CPA in the U.S. is $60,000+ and in India, approximately, Rs 8–10 lakh a year and the median salary for a CA in India is. 6.5 to 7.8 lakh a year.
*Figures are approximate & indicative only. Please use discretion.
If you plan to only work in the United States, you will only need the CPA without the CA. If you plan to only work for non-US companies in India or other companies that are not traded on US markets, you may only need the Indian CA.
Who can test in India?
You can test in India if you are a citizen or resident of India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, or the U.S.
CPA Course Fees
The CPA course fees all over India is the same.
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD): $356.55
- Business Environment and Concepts (BEC): $356.55
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR): $356.55
- Regulation (REG): $356.55
CPA Course Duration
You must pass all four sections of the CPA Exam within 18 months to be eligible for a CPA license.
CPA Course Syllabus
The best starting point for preparation is the CPA Exam Blueprints, which elaborately explain the content knowledge and skills eligible for testing on the Exam.
CPA Course Job Roles Examples (India)
There are some companies, consultancies, KPOs and auditory/advisory enterprises that operate based on US regulations as well as ‘US + India’ regulations. These are where you can get a job with a CPA course/license. Following are some work roles that you can search for on job websites.
- US Tax & Compliance Analyst
- Global Delivery Services (GDS) Assurance Associate (eg. in consultancies like EY – Ernst & Young etc.)
- Business Development Associate
- Credit Processing Analyst
- Private Equity Accounting Executive
- Associate – Fund Accounting/ Product Costing
- Associate – SOX Compliance & SSAE 18 Testing (Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements 18)
- Affiliate Marketing Exec.
- US Tax Analyst/ Tax Associate
- Finance Controller
CPA Course Job Roles Examples (USA)
- Quantitative Modeler
- Accounting Investigations Analyst
- Strategy Consultant
- Utilities Examiner
- Finance Specialist, Trust Funds Management
- Forensic Fraud Examiner/ Investigator Fraud
- Commission Specialist
- Contract Reporting Analyst
- Administrative Rules Specialist
- Anti-Corruption & Trade Analyst
- Associate, Strategic Portfolio
- Accounting Supervisor
So, you want to earn your CPA? Here you have all ready resources to make a move on.
Still unsure? At iDreamCareer, with the help of our Career Counselling and Guidance Services and educational counsellors, we try to help derailed minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select suitable career choices.
Pages you’d need:
- MBBS in UK: Be A Brit Medic
- Watch Out for These Coolest High Paying Arts Stream Jobs
- How to Become a Software Engineer After 12th?
- The Most Popular 12th Pass Job Options
- Fighting for Career Options in Arts?
- The Best Universities in ‘Canada – The Land of Maple’
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
March 27, 202049 Comments|
March 27, 202063 Comments|
March 27, 202022 Comments|
March 30, 20208 Comments|
March 30, 202011 Comments|
Currently associated with iDreamCareer (India) as the Principal Analyst.