Now that you are done with class 10th, you must be wondering which are the best courses after 10th? How to make the right decision after 10th? What are the career options after 10th? And how to get career guidance after 10th?
Many students find these questions intimidating if they are not clear about what they want to do after 10th class. With the end of school life, begins a life where you have to start taking some important decisions. It is important to have a clear career plan and an abundance of knowledge about the right courses after 10th class for smooth passage from your school life to a happy professional life.
One of the dilemmas is choosing a course after 10th and if you don’t have an in-depth knowledge of the choices that you have ahead of you, you might end up in a career that is not right for you. It is common among students going through this transition phase to get influenced by misinformation and end up making wrong decisions.
A student’s decision-making skill is the most sought-after skill in each and every career; no matter which job you pursue, your success will be based on the reasoning applied behind the decisions you take. This skill is spurred in a student from time to time and it starts right after 10th.
The narrative changes as you get to pick which courses after 10th are right for you. For most students, this period of transition feels like a puzzle with lots of pieces to arrange, and it becomes difficult to find the right fit that shapes the student’s dream career. Thus, it becomes indispensable to avail career counselling after 10th.
Why career guidance after 10th?
- A number of courses after 10th: One of the biggest problems faced by the parents as well as the students is what are the options available after 10th? If we go back a decade or two, when your parents were in your place, all they had to choose was between mathematics and biology.
Luckily, this is not the case anymore. There are a number of courses after 10th for the students to choose from. The main question is how to make the right choice? That’s where career guidance after 10th can actually make the decision-making process simpler.
- What to choose: While making any decision in life you need to keep in mind the consequences of the choice you make. Similarly, after 10th you should not only look at the future and make a decision according to the career you want but also consider your past and make the decision based on your strengths and weaknesses. There are plenty of career options after 10th to choose from. Therefore with the right career guidance, a student can make the right choice.
- How to select Board: After 10th, you have the option of sticking to the same education board or going for a different board. This decision should be taken after understanding the difficulty level of every board. In understanding which board would be suitable for you based on your abilities and skills, you will be able to do well in higher secondary classes too.
- Why make a choice? : Mostly, students are advised to keep their options open and go with the general science, arts or commerce streams. While this advice works for many, some students feel that they are burdening themselves with a subject they are weak in and could have easily omitted and improved their performance.
Therefore, in order to choose the right courses after 10th, right Career counseling at the right time may let you explore your potential and help you make the right career choice. Every student has a unique set of skills, strengths, and weaknesses and hence it is very important to choose the right course after 10th class. The career experts while offering career guidance after 10th explore the students’ set of skills and help them choose the right career path.
Understanding the Basics
Before you choose a course after 10th, it is necessary to understand the important details about it before making a final decision. Let us now look at the three major streams you have the option to select from after 10th. All these streams lead to different career scopes and therefore knowing the basics about them is vital in the decision making process. Let us look into these courses after 10th:
- Science: Most students opt for Science after 10th. It offers lucrative career options that the career experts make you understand during their career counseling after 10th. It is also popular for the fact that it keeps your options open and in case you wish to switch your career, you can explore career options.
In the science stream, you can take at least six subjects including one compulsory language. There are many options for subjects like mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, computer science, IT, electronics, etc. You should select the subjects that can lead you towards your prospective career.
- Arts: A number of students are exploring the potential in the Arts stream. In the arts stream, you have to select six subjects including one compulsory language and one optional language. Arts offers you a large list of options to select the remaining four subjects which include, sociology, history, literature, psychology, political science, philosophy, economics, etc. This stream can lead you towards career options like journalism, literature, social works, teaching, etc.
- Commerce: Commerce stream leads towards some of the highest paying and respected jobs like investment banking, chartered accountant, company secretaries, accounts and financial advisor, etc. The three major subjects in the commerce stream are economics, accountancy and business law or business study.
The subjects offered by most commerce colleges include business economics, business law, accountancy, auditing, income tax, marketing, etc. Just like the above two, even in the commerce stream, the student has to select 6 subjects including one compulsory language.
Things to consider after 10th
In choosing the available options after class 10th, all you need to do is look at the wider picture and take the decision keeping in mind your future plan and your past performance. Here are few things, you should consider while looking at the career options after 10th
- Career: First and the most important thing to do is to think about a career you would like to pursue. Once you have the clarity regarding the needs of the chosen sector, remove all the subject options which would restrict your path to that career and replace them with subjects that will help you make the right choice.
- Performance: Only you can assess your strengths, weaknesses, and skills. In order to explore the best courses after 10th you need to look at the options left with you and understand which options are best suited. If you are not sure about your forte, then getting career guidance after 10th would help you in deciding which courses after 10th are best for you. You must make sure to consult the expert offering you career counseling after 10th.
- Right Exposure: Now that you are left with few options, take help from your parents, relatives or guidance counselor to understand which choice can help add right exposure to your profile and give you a starting push towards your dream career.
Once you have made the right choice, all you need to do is check for the right school or junior college providing this subject choice and apply. This is how you put the final door in the right place and with every door you cross, you reach closer to your dream career.
Hope this article helped you. We at idreamcareer.com help the students to identify right stream after class 10th, for more information please visit this link:
Contact – 9555990000
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
To see how our program help students in choosing the right stream and career, please watch this video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQ_9OSKI_4