Did you hear that Philippines’ MBBS graduates perform really well after coming back to India? This year, as well, FMGE topper Dr. Shubham Saket is a graduate from AMA School of Medicine, Philippines. He is the only one to score 257 Marks out of 300.
What is FMGE?
After coming back to India as a foreign-trained medical graduate, you will have to clear the Medical Council of India (MCI) Exam which is also known as “Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE)”. FMGE is a licensure examination for those Indian students who have pursued MBBS from abroad. FMGE is conducted twice a year and you will require 50% to pass.
So, if you are interested in Medicine..
..but could not secure a seat through NEET or if you have doubts whether you will in your next chance, you may as well consider getting a foreign medical degree at almost half the expense from Philippines, Bangladesh or Mauritius (64.6%) as well.
All three have a high pass percentage compared to 18.9% of China or 18.4% of Russia where thousands flock for a degree. Navigate to the conclusions section to get a hang of pass percentages from 2012-2018.
Here’s a snapshot of this year’s recent newspaper clipping.
We typically miss these items on the paper because we are not able to relate them to our present needs, and this is precisely why you need to go through this page.
Colleges in Philippines
- Ama School of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation School of Medicine
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Cagayan State University College of Medicine And Surgery
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation College of Medicine
- Dr. Francisco Q. Duque Medical Foundation College of Medicine
- Emilio Aguinaldo College School of Medicine
- Gullas College of Medicine, University of The Visayas
- Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine
- Our Lady of Good Counsel University Faculty of Medicine
- Southwestern University School of Medicine
- Southwestern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine
- University of Northern Philippines College of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Jonelta Foundation School of Medicine
- University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine
- Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation College of Medicine
Colleges in Mauritius
- Anna Medical College
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Medical College
- SSR Medical College
Colleges in Bangladesh
- Ad-Din Women’s Medical College
- Armed Forces Medical College (Afmc)
- Bangladesh Medical College (Bmsri)
- Central Medical College, Comilla
- Community Based Medical College, Bangladesh (Cbmcb)
- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital
- Dhaka National Medical College & Hospital
- East West Medical College
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- Faridpur Medical College & Hospital
- Green Life Medical College and Hospital
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
- Ibrahim Medical College
- Institute Of Applied Health Sciences (Iahs)
- International Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College & Hospital
- Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College
- M.H. Samorita Hospital and Medical College
- Medical College for Women & Hospital
- Mymensingh Medical College
- North Bengal Medical College
- Prime Medical College
- Rajshahi Medical College & Hospital
- Rangpur Community Medical College
- Rangpur Medical College
- Shahabuddin Medical College
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College
- Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College
- Sher-E-Bangla Medical College
- Sir Salimullah Medical College
- Southern Medical College & Hospital
- Sylhet M.A.G. Osmani Medical College
- T.M.S.S. Medical College
- Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College and Hospital
- Zainul Haque Sikder Women’s Medical College & Hospital
More about FMGE
MCI or FMGE Examination is compulsory till now and is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India. Foreign medical graduates are required to write the FMGE to become eligible to practice here.
You can always come back to practice in India after being trained as a medic abroad, but FMGE is a mandate before you start practicing here. Although, the success rate of FMGE is extremely low and competition is very steep.
Thousands are pursuing MBBS from other countries but becoming a licensed practitioner here afterwards is too tough, mostly because of the different pedagogical methods and learning outcomes. However, if you are that driven for an MBBS, you may try these countries.
Are you absolutely sure you want to be a medic?
There may be other high-paying options waiting for you, if that’s the only concern you have. Understanding the intricacies of any career is not child’s play. It requires experiential assessment of your competencies (skills, abilities, knowledge & a lot more). So, career planning is an indispensable tool of your life and we can certainly help you with that. Plan now!
Other Interesting Links
Currently associated with iDreamCareer (India) as the Principal Analyst.