Looking for a few good exam tips – about how to study smart yet score very well? Up for your boards in the coming months? Troubled by all the badgering going on inside your head right now? Do you feel misled about how to prepare? Wondering why all hell is breaking loose? Scared that your selection tests did not work out that well and that boards will not too? Or are you feeling too highheaded as you did extremely well in your selections so you’re not being able to focus anymore?
From boards to university entrance exams, subjects and levels may change, but one thing remains attitude and learning patterns. Everything that is conceived in the right perspective is implemented with a minimum of failures. Students should also plan their studies wisely. This blog will help you understand better exam tips for students. Consistent and focused study, strategic time management, and regular breaks are key exam preparation tips for students.
Do you know?
As per the stats of the previous year, over 21.16 lakh candidates appeared for the Class 10 exams at 7,406 centers, and 14.54 lakh candidates appeared for the Class 12 exams at 6,720 examination centers. On the other hand, lakhs of students take competitive entrance exams every year to get higher education or get a job.
Implement effective study tips for exams to optimize your preparation and performance. No matter how hard we study throughout the year, the last few days before an exam require ” smart studying tips for exam.” But that’s not enough! Want to know more? Explore various exam tips and tricks to enhance your preparation and boost your performance in exams. Come along…
How to train your brain?
Want to train your brain with some of these cool hacks? You are sure to get only “A” s all over!
Let’s find a way for you to calm down first if you’re too tense! Before we delve deep, let us quickly try these four little secrets to de-stress.
- Firstly, take a glass of plain water.
- Try to feel your heartbeat & breathing for a few moments. Concentrate.
- Angle your eyes up. The focus is below your brows.
- And smile halfway, please!
Exam preparation tips for students
Here’s a curated list of top 10 exam tips and a few other pointers about how to prepare for board exams for class 10th, class 12th, and competitive exams:
Weaponize your mind to do your best. Come along.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Exam Tip 1: Choosing a Spot (A Place to Study)
Many students prefer to stick to an old familiar study room regularly, every day. While some others may find variety to be the spice of their life (they may vary their locations, maybe sometimes in the garden on the grass or on an empty terrace). You need to find out valuable tips for board exams to excel in your preparations and performance.
You will need time to experiment with this factor, so you need to give yourself ample time to know what you are comfortable with. This is why it is important to start your preparations off early. It is well known that your brain makes connections between the background and what you are studying. Many students also have this habit of studying and eating. Never do these two things at a time!
Exam Tip 2: Realizing the Magical Effect of Ambience
A clatter-free zone away from the hassle of visitors or other people; the reduced presence of electronic gadgets & other such distractions (except maybe your Kindle & e-books) is the best for focused studying and enhanced concentration.
Ensure that your room has some greenery around too (if possible, and you must be able to see it), all this has an encouraging effect.
Exam Tip 3: Formulating your own calendar
Start early. Take note of your exam timetable and the days on which you have to write them. Then organize your study accordingly.
- Study backward through your exam timetable until you reach the last 2 weeks before your exam.
- Make a weekly routine about each subject as you go. There is no substitute for starting early saving time for revision.
- Plan your revision and consider how much time you might need for each subject.
- Consider when and how long you plan to spend studying each day. Use your time to your best advantage.
Exam Tip 4: Understanding the Game of Time
Nobody can study 24 x 7 and neither are we expecting you to do that, there has to be a balance in your routine.
If you believe you can only study 5 hours a day then you may consider giving 3 hours to a difficult subject and set aside 2 hours for an easier subject.
Devote appropriate time for your subjects according to their difficulty level.
Exam Tip 5: Sorting all your handouts
- Check all your subject materials
- Arrange your notes in order – high away whatever is not useful
- Get all your gears together
- Practice writing your answers
Exam Tip 6: Quickly Stick It on
Here are some tips for exam to enhance your preparation and performance:
- Practice having a vision board too, or many for that matter!
- Write important points on colorful stick-on sheets or scribble pads.
- Stick them around to make vision boards on a particular wall on the door of your closet or anywhere else that you may attend at different times.
- These closely stuck colored pieces of paper make one vision board
- The notes on every vision board shall get imprinted in your mind. Visions boards may be in your room or any area where you tend to visit more often.
Exam Tip 7: Explaining answers to your grandmother or little sister
Try this! Use them to your advantage.
This is not a new spice to a recipe of tips & tricks. This is pure magic. It works so well that your answers will be driven to your long-term memory fast and effectively easing memory retention. You will REMEMBER it all! So, practice telling your answers to people in the house, anybody literally! That will help you to get it clear in your head.
Exam Tip 8: Practicing on paper
- Do practice writing answers
- Learn from the past stories
- Practice old exam papers and time-test yourself mandatorily
- Get used to the format of the questions
- Ensure you spend the right amount of time on each section
Exam Tip 9: Focusing on yourself
- Nobody knows us better than our own selves.
- So, no matter what has gone by, simply focus on what you are left with right now.
- Clearly jot down the done and yet-to-be-done list of topics.
- It’s high time to exert firm labor.
Exam Tip 10: Knowing That Rewards Always Work
An important trick to flourish is to reward or treat yourself whenever you accomplish a goal, try it as this seriously works.
Just a small pat on your back or some chocolate (the darker, the better!) can create wonders in boosting your morale. You’ll end up finishing your entire syllabus sooner!
Study tips for exam day
Following are the tips for exam day:
Ensure success on exam day with practical tips for staying calm, focused, and organized. Optimize success with comprehensive exam preparation tips for a well-rounded approach to studying and performing effectively. We hope these tips for exam day will be of a great help to you.
Exam tips and tricks
- Answer the correct number of questions
- Answer the given question
- Take your time
- You can’t remember everything
- Practice previous exam questions
- Don’t panic if you think you’ve come up empty
- Learn to use your breath
- Take care of yourself
- Don’t talk about the exam before or after
- Treat yourself after the exam
Maximize your performance with essential board exam tips for a successful and confident approach to your examinations. Ace your board exams by incorporating valuable tips and tricks into your preparation for a confident and effective performance.
Exam writing tips
Students need to implement strategies for exam preparation to optimize their study routine and enhance overall performance. Below are some techniques, tips, and best strategies you can use during exams that will boost your performance.
- Before you get the question paper, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax. This will help deal with any stress or anxiety you may be feeling and refresh your mind.
- Use the first 15 minutes of the exam to thoroughly analyze the questionnaire. Read the manual first. Then continue to review each of the questions and the marks assigned to them. This way you will know how much time to spend on each question.
- Create a strategy. Decide what questions you are going to answer. Make a mental plan and follow it accordingly. Take your time and take your time.
- Keep your answers short and concise: write according to the weight of the questions. Usually, 2 points for each grade is sufficient.
- Read your answers after you write them. When you finish answering, try to read all of your answers in their entirety. This way you will be able to correct your mistakes and improve your answers if necessary.
- If time allows, try to answer the questions you are not sure about, even if you only know a few points. Even a mark or two here and there can make a difference.
Finalize your readiness with crucial tips before the exam to boost your confidence and optimize your performance. Follow these techniques to improve your exam performance. Implement helpful exam tips during exam to manage stress and optimize your performance. All the best!
Tips to reduce stress during exams
These tips will empower students with effective examination tips to enhance their preparation and excel in their academic assessments. Formulate a successful exam strategy for students by integrating effective learning tips and invaluable exam advice for optimal preparation and performance. With exam season fast approaching, here are seven strategies to help you deal with stress and anxiety:
Feeling less tense already? Or do you want to go back one more time? Sure do.
I hope you’ve gained much more than you’d actually hoped for! These tips fill surely mpower students with effective study tips for optimal exam preparation, fostering confidence and success.
All of these study tips for students could be a bit confusing for you. Also, you will get multiple areas on the internet that can give you ample such tips. But you were served with a warmer plate here, weren’t you?
In any case, it is often useful to reach out to expert counselors to address individual issues. iDreamCareer experts are always ready to help young minds like you from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, and class 12 with an aim to select your most-suited career choices.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
- April 23, 20236 Comments|
- August 27, 202250 Comments|
- March 30, 20209 Comments|
- March 27, 202055 Comments|
- April 10, 202369 Comments|
Anushree has 5 years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Senior Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for the Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.