Do you wish to study in Philippines to become a doctor? Are you yet to figure out how to study MBBS in Philippines?
Or have you already begun your preparations? Whichever it is, this post welcomes you to take a ride across. See you on the other side!
This curated guide shall take you through the many depths that you definitely need to be familiar with, before you start gearing up for your next fight towards pursuing MBBS in Philippines.
Philippines has one of the most prestigious education systems in Asia. It is one of the top choices with a great quality of medical education for international students. You can master English at affordable prices too.
English is one of the two official languages in the country and is widely used along with Tagalog or Filipino. Philippines has a literacy rate of 90%. It proves that education is of massive importance to the country’s government.
|Name of the course||MBBS in Philippines (BS and MD)|
|Eligibility||Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Recognition of University||NMC, WHO, WFME, FAIMER|
|Medium of instruction||English|
Why study MBBS in Philippines?
List of 10 best MBBS colleges in Philippines
- Ago Medical and Educational Center – Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- AMA College of Medicine
- Cagayan State University
- Cagayan State University
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help DALTA
- University of Santo Tomas
MBBS in Philippines fees structure of top colleges
The below is the list of top 5 MCI approved MBBS colleges in Philippines along with the fees structure.
What eligibility is required for MBBS admission in Philippines?
Following are some criteria for entry:
- You should be at least 17 years or above at the time of admission.
- A minimum of 50% marks are required in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in class 12th for General category.
- A minimum of 40% marks are required in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in class 12th for SC/ST, OBC category.
- You need to qualify the NEET exam for taking admission in MD course.
What is MBBS in Philippines cost for visa application?
The cost of visa application for studying MBBS in Philippines is Rs. 19, 750.
What is the living cost for studying MBBS in Philippines?
There are 2 types of accommodation available in Philippines. The living cost for both the types is:
- On Campus Accommodation: Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month
- Off Campus Accommodation: Within the City Centre, Rs. 25000 per month for 1 bedroom and for outside the City Centre it’s Rs. 14000 per month for 1 bedroom.
Can International students study MBBS in Philippines without NEET?
To study in the Philippines without NEET means you can only pursue pre-medicine courses i.e., a BS Course. International students can take direct admission to the BS program without qualifying for the NEET exam.
However, in order to enroll to an MD course, it is compulsory for all to qualify NEET exam and to obtain the minimum marks in BS course.
What is the duration of MBBS in Philippines?
The duration is 5 years plus 1 year of internship. The internship can be pursued within Philippines or outside Philippines. It is advised to check the eligibility before applying to the college as some colleges doesn’t allow students to complete internship outside Philippines.
It may seem that it is not very difficult to get admission in MBBS in Philippines but the reality is different. In addition to the required qualifications, you will need professional consultation and guidance regarding college selection, admission process, student loan application, insurance, visa process, NEET exam guide, accommodation planning assistance, etc.
Don’t Worry! Do reach out to us. iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered into the industry. We try to help young confused minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select their most-suited career choices.
- Visa Application Requirements – Philippines
- MBBS Abroad: Philippines
- Study MBBS Abroad: Your #1 How-To Guide For Germany, UK, Other European Nations
- Ultimate guide to NEET
- NEET exam
- MBBS in India: The Expert’s Guide
- Study MBBS Abroad
- NEET Counseling: Crucial Details You Need
- About NTA and changes in NEET
- Arts Subjects in 12th: Everything You Should Know
- IELTS Preparation: Your Handy Reference Guide
- A Comprehensive Guide to Singapore Student Visa
- Know About France Student Visa Process & Requirements
- Italy Student Visa: Your Handy Reference Guide
- Being offered study abroad guidance free of cost? You are being cheated!
Anushree has 5+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.