Making interior spaces both visually beautiful and useful is the goal of the dynamic and fascinating discipline of interior design. Pursuing an interior design course after 12th grade can be a fantastic career decision if you have a love for creativity and design. This course offers a thorough understanding of aesthetics, space planning, color theory, and design principles. Also, it gives students the technical training they need to succeed in this sector, including project management, computer-aided design, and drafting. Interior design courses after the 12th can also provide you with a stable future with various career opportunities available in its diverse sectors.
After completing an interior design course in their senior year of high school, students have a wide range of job options to choose from, including those in architecture, construction, retail, hospitality, and more. With the rising need for inventive and qualitative designs in both residential and commercial areas, this industry is expanding quickly. Hence, for those who are passionate about design and creativity, pursuing a career in interior design can be a satisfactory and fulfilling choice. We will examine the various facets of interior design courses after the 12th grade in this blog, including the curriculum, career prospects, and typical income range.
What all is covered in this post?
In order to make you familiar with interior design courses, we have come up with a complete guide on it to end your search.
Interior Design Courses List After 12th
Some of the best interior design courses after the 12th are listed below:
|B. Arch Interior Design||Diploma in Interior Design and Architecture|
|BDes Interior Design||Diploma in Interior Design|
|BSc Interior Design||Certificate Course in Interior Design|
|BA Interior Design||Certificate Courses in Computer-Aided Interior Design|
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Depending on the program’s level and structure, an interior design course in India may last a different amount of time. These are a few typical choices:
- Diploma in Interior Design: Interior design fundamentals are covered in this one-year course leading to a diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design: A 3- to 4-year course leading to a bachelor’s degree in interior design offers extensive knowledge and abilities in the field.
- Master’s degree in interior design: This two-year course concentrates on advanced techniques and specialty areas of interior design while building on the fundamental information learned in a bachelor’s course.
Interior Design Courses After 12th Eligibility
Being eligible for the courses of interior designing at the UG level requires you to first complete the learning standard of Intermediate. The passing marks of the students who pass this qualification must be more than 50% within the relevant subjects.
Several institutions may use entrance tests to determine admissions in addition to the merit standards. Exams such as the Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) and the All India Entrance Exam for Design (AIEED) are some of those connected to admissions to interior design courses.
|BDes (interior Design)||50% in 10+2 from a recognized board|
|BA (Interior Architecture)||10+2 passed with 45%|
|BArch (Interior Design)||10+2 passed in the science stream with 50% aggregate|
|B Des (Interior and Furniture)||12th class in any stream with 50% aggregate|
Best Colleges for Interior Designing Courses after 12th
After completing the 12th grade, there are numerous universities and schools in India that provide interior design courses. Here are a few of the well-known ones:
- National Institute of Design (NID)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design
- ARCH College of Design and Business
- Indian School of Design and Innovation (ISDI)
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design
- Raffles Design International
The majority of institutions base admission to interior design courses for students who have completed their 12th grade on the applicants’ performance on their preliminary or qualifying exam. Students who want to pursue a profession in this area must apply for admission to the program using the university’s proper procedure.
The steps that the majority of universities take for admission to interior design courses after the 12th grade are mentioned below:
- Visit the college’s official website if you want to apply for admission to the interior design courses after you graduate from high school.
- Complete the college’s registration form. Make a note of the registration information for further use.
- Log in to the application portal for admission using the credentials. Fill out the application with the appropriate information as requested.
- Scan the documents required for uploading. The documentation will contain past scorecards, identification for identity verification, photos, signatures, etc.
- For the submission of the application form, pay the registration fee. Students should pay the fee via online methods since most universities accept them.
- Save the free submission receipt on your computer for later use.
- The institution contacts the applicants using the contact information they supplied in the form to provide information on form submission.
The table below includes a general list of interior design courses that are available after 12th grade.
|Course Name||Course Fee|
|B Des (Interior and Furniture)||₹ 2.20 L – ₹ 11.50 L|
|B Des (Interior Design)||₹ 3.32 L – ₹ 12 L|
|Diploma in Interior Designing||₹ 15k – ₹ 2 L|
|BA (Hons) Interior Design||₹ 90k – ₹ 9 L|
|Certificate in Interior Design||₹ 10k – ₹ 55k|
|BA Interior Design||₹ 90k – ₹ 9 L|
|B. Sc in Interior Design||₹ 2 L – ₹ 9 L|
|B. Sc. (Hons) Interior Design||₹ 1 L – ₹ 9 L|
|Certificate in Computer Aided Computer Design||₹ 10k – ₹ 35k|
Job Opportunities in Interior Design Courses after 12th
You have a variety of job opportunities to consider after completing an interior design course after your 12th. You may want to take a look at the following career paths:
- Interior Designer: Your duties as an interior designer will include creating and embellishing the interiors of residences, workplaces, hotels, restaurants, and other commercial buildings.
- Interior decorator: As an interior decorator, it will be your job to choose and arrange furnishings, lighting, fabrics, and other decorative objects to create visually pleasant surroundings.
- Furniture Designer: It is your duty as a furniture designer to create pieces of furniture that are both visually pleasing and functionally appropriate for your clients.
- Set Designer: In your role as a set designer, you will be in charge of planning and building the sets for films, television programs, and other forms of media.
- Exhibition Designer: Designing and producing exhibits for museums, galleries, trade displays, and other events will be your responsibility as an exhibition designer.
After graduating with an interior design education, salaries can change depending on the type of employment, the region, the number of years of experience, and the company. Below is a general estimate of the typical income for a few jobs in India that are related to interior design:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (in ₹)|
|Interior Designer||2.5 LPA – 7 LPA|
|Interior Decorator||2.5 LPA – 6 LPA|
|Furniture Designer||2.5 LPA – 5 LPA|
|Set Designer||3 LPA – 10 LPA|
|Exhibition Designer||2.5 LPA – 6 LPA|
|Retail Store Designer||2.5 LPA – 7 LPA|
What to withdraw?
For those with a passion for design and creativity, enrolling in an interior design course after the 12th might be a fantastic career choice. The course gives students a firm basis in design principles, such as color theory, spatial planning, and aesthetics. Also, the course gives students technical abilities in project management, drafting, and computer-aided design. There is a growing need for smart and competent interior designers due to the increased desire for inventive and distinctive designs in both residential and commercial areas.
This creates a wide range of employment prospects in a number of industries, including architecture, building, retail, hospitality, and more. Anyone can succeed in the thrilling and dynamic area of interior design with effort, dedication, and the appropriate training.
Hope we would have been able to provide you with all the information that you need regarding interior design courses after 12th. Still, got questions? Why don’t you connect with our industry experts? Yes, you read it right! You can get your queries resolved in just 60 seconds from our Career counselors. So, what are you waiting for? Download the app now!
iDreamCareer has helped millions of young minds like you from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, and class 12 discover their true mettle and is ready to help you too.
- Career As An Architect in India
- Career in Interior Designing
- Study Interior Design Abroad
- Interior Designing Career: Colleges, Courses & Jobs in India
- Courses After 12th PCM
- Graduation Courses after the 12th
- Psychology Courses After 12th
- IT Courses After 12th
- Courses After 12th PCB
- Paramedical Courses After 12th
- Professional Courses After 12th
- Top Courses After 12th Arts
- Best Courses after 12th Commerce
- Best Courses After 12th
To be eligible for an Interior Design course after 12th, you need to have completed your 10+2 education from a recognized board or institution. Some colleges may also have specific minimum percentage requirements for admission.
There are various Interior Design courses available for students after 12th, including diploma courses, undergraduate degree courses, and even postgraduate degree courses. The duration of the course can vary from 1 to 5 years depending on the level of study.
Yes, you can pursue an Interior Design course after 12th even if you didn’t have Art as a subject in high school. However, some colleges may require you to have basic drawing skills or may conduct an aptitude test to assess your artistic abilities.
After completing an Interior Design course after 12th, you can work as an Interior Designer, Interior Decorator, Set Designer, Furniture Designer, or Exhibition Designer. You can also work in design firms, architectural firms, or start your own design studio.
The cost of pursuing an Interior Design course after 12th can vary depending on the institution and the level of study. Diploma courses can cost between 50,000 to 1 lakh INR, while undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses can cost between 2 to 5 lakhs INR per year. Scholarships and financial aid may also be available for eligible students.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
Watch Out for These Coolest High Paying Arts Stream JobsAugust 12, 20226 Comments|
Importance of Co-Curricular Activities for StudentsAugust 27, 202250 Comments|
Holistic development for Students: Meaning & ImportanceMarch 27, 202054 Comments|
13 Best Jobs for Women in the 21st CenturyMarch 30, 20209 Comments|
How to Get into IIT: A-Z GuideFebruary 12, 202313 Comments|
Sushant has been writing since his early days of childhood and currently, he’s serving as a Content Writer with iDreamCareer. Sushant has two start-ups of his own and he has been writing content for them since their inception. Apart from that he is passionate about writing which is why he is following his passion for writing with iDreamCareer.