Are you confused and wondering what could be the highest salary jobs after 12th BTech or what are the popular Btech courses after 12th? Engineering is the most famous and sought-after profession in India. Every year, thousands of students graduate and enter a world of new opportunities where they have millions of options. If one wants to make his career in engineering then there are various courses in the stream itself like B.E/B. Tech, diploma courses, and comprehensive engineering courses.
A Bachelor of Technology (BTech) is a professional undergraduate engineering program awarded to candidates after completing four years of study in the field. Engineering is one of the most popular courses in India and there are many institutes that offer the course to freshers.
For admission, the most common BTech entrance exams are JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Along with these national-level entrance exams, there are many government and private entrance exams that students can attempt for admission to the course. The main eligibility criteria for BTech are 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. However, each entrance exam and institute have additional criteria. Some institutes also conduct admissions to their courses on the basis of merit i.e., based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Class 12 examinations.
Without further ado, come along…
👉 Explore the Best Courses After 12th for a Stable Future
Btech courses after 12th – Highlight
|Name of degree||Bachelor of Technology|
|Commonly known as||BTech|
|Course duration||4 years|
|Specializations||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Marine Engineer and more|
|Admission process||Entrance test followed by counselling|
|Annual course fee||Rs. 2 to 5 lakhs|
|Top recruiters||Google, Apple, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, ISRO,|
|Top institutes||IITs, NITs, IIITs, VIT, SRMIST, BITS, etc.|
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Eligibility Criteria for Btech after 12th
Basic admission requirements for any BTech program:
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must also obtain a minimum aggregate of 60% in the above subjects taken together.
- Most admissions are based on the student’s performance in the entrance exam.
- Please note that the eligibility criteria for BTech will vary from institute to institute.
Entrance exams for Btech after 12th
In India, all technical programs such as BTech come under the regulatory purview of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the National Accreditation Board (NBA). Admission to B.Tech programs is through National/State/Institute level engineering entrance exams. The top five engineering entrance exams after 12th for BTech courses that has a large number of students take every year are
- JEE Main – Conducted by the National Testing Agency, JEE Main is the entrance exam for BTech admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. JEE Main consists of two papers – Paper 1 (BE/BTech) and Paper 2 (BArch/BPlan)
- JEE Advanced is a national-level entrance exam for admission to BTech in IITs. Students must meet the requirements of JEE Main to attempt JEE Advanced.
- VITEEE is one of the most popular entrance exams for private institutes, VITEEE offers admission to BTech courses offered by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) and its various campuses.
- MHT CET – Through MHT CET students can apply for admission to BTech institutes of Maharashtra.
- TS EAMCET – TS EAMCET offers admission to students in government institutes of Telangana based on their scores in the entrance exam.
Get the Detailed Information about other professional courses after 12th
List of Btech courses after 12th Science
Here is the list of Btech courses after 12th Science:
B.E/B. Tech in
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Plastics Engineering
- Food Processing and Technology
- Agricultural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Agricultural Information Technology
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Motorsport Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
How to get admission in Btech after 12th?
All BTech aspirants have to follow a similar procedure for admission to any institute. Below are the various stages of BTech admissions:
- Firstly, BTech applicants must clear any of the entrance exams for admission to the institute.
- National-level engineering entrance exams like JEE Main are accepted by NITs, IIITs, GFTI, and some other private colleges. JEE Advanced is an entrance exam conducted for admission to IITs.
- Apart from the above two exams, B Tech Admissions are also conducted through state-level exams like WBJEE, KEAM, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, MHT CET, etc., and university/college-level exams like BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, UPESEAT, ETC.
- All engineering entrance exams are held in April, May and June each year.
- After the declaration of the results of each exam, the respective authorities conducted the counseling and seat allotment process. During the counseling, students have to choose the college and courses according to their rank.
- After the allotment of seats, each student has to visit the allotted engineering college to complete the admission formalities.
Hope we have served you with all the necessary information! Choosing one of the best Btech courses after the 12th is a very challenging job as there are numerous choices to make. Career planning and development is a tricky affair and needs expert solutions. This is almost impossible to achieve at such a young age. iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered to the industry.
At iDreamCareer with the help of our Career Counselling and Guidance Services and educational counselor, we try to help young confused minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with the aim to select their most-suited career choices.
- Top Engineering Colleges – India, 2021
- Know all about Bachelor of Engineering
- Best B.Tech Colleges in India
- Lists of Engineering Courses after 12th
- Graduation Courses After 12th in All Streams
- Graduation Courses After 12th
- 90 Best Courses After 12th
- Entrance Exams After 12th
No, Arts students are not eligible for B. Tech courses. Only students who have passed 12th standard in the science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology) are eligible to take admitted to B. Tech courses.
No, commerce students are not eligible for B. Tech courses. Only students who have passed 12th standard in the science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology) are eligible to take admitted in B. Tech courses.
Bachelor of Engineering or BE course is more theoretical in nature while BTech courses are more practical. The main difference between these two-degree programs is the material taught and the focus of the program.
Candidates can pursue a career in various fields after completing BTech, such as software developer, IT consultant, computer forensics expert, IT business analyst and computer network architect.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
- April 23, 20236 Comments|
- August 27, 202250 Comments|
- March 30, 20209 Comments|
- March 27, 202055 Comments|
- April 10, 202369 Comments|
Anushree has 5 years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Senior Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for the Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.