It is really interesting how fashion designers use their limitless creativity and skills to design something out of the box. But these acquisitions didn’t show up in one night, did they? NO! They had to study the history of fashion and design to do customizations as per contemporary fashion trends. Students want to enroll in such non-conventional courses right after their high school graduation and they see this field as a potential career option. So, we are here to make you familiar with all the fashion designing courses after the 12th and related details.
Do you know?
Indian fashion industry offers an array of career opportunities.
This was in the headlines of The Times of India newspapers on 28th April 2022. We cannot disregard the fact that this industry has had a boom in the last few years. People are walking out of the orthodox world and preferring non-conventional ways of living.
What all is covered in this post?
To make it easier for you, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about the fashion designing courses after the 12th.
What Is Fashion Design?
The art of making garments and accessories is known as fashion design. Fashion design draws from a wide range of academic fields, including business, history, art, and technology. It is a form of art that is deeply rooted in culture. Fashion designers produce clothing in response to consumer demand or their own creative vision, and when customers like the designs, new trends are created.
Fashion Designing Courses After 12th
Students can enroll in a variety of fashion designing courses after completing their 12th grade in the arts. It will take them at least 3–4 years to become a fashion designer if they decide to seek graduation from a fashion design school.
Here is a list of top fashion designing courses after the 12th in a tabular form.
|Diploma in Fashion Technology||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design||2 years|
|Diploma in Jewellery Design||1 year|
|Certificate Course in Fashion Design||1 year|
|Certificate in Creative Fashion Styling||6 months|
|Certificates in Textiles for Interiors and Fashion||1 year|
|Fashion Illustration and Design||3 months|
|Certificate in Draping and Pattern making||1 month|
|Certificate in Pattern Making and Garment Construction||3 months|
|Certificate in Fashion Designing and Draping||6 months|
|Certificate in Pattern Design||6 months|
|Certificate in Fundamentals of Fashion Designing||6 months|
|Certificate Course in Tailoring in Designing||6 months|
|Certificate Course in Fashion Merchandising||6 months|
|BSc in Fashion Design||3 years|
|BDes in Fashion Designing||4 years|
|BDes in Interior Design||4 years|
|BDes in Textile Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Design||4 years|
|BDes in Fashion Communication||3 years|
|BDes in Communication Design||3 years|
|BDes in Accessory Design||3 years|
|BDes in Product Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion Design||2 years|
|BDes in Knitwear Design||3 years|
|Bachelor’s in Fashion Technology||3 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion and Apparel Design||3 years|
|BDes in Animation||4 years|
|BDes in Jewellery Design||3 years|
|BFTech in Apparel Production||4 years|
|BA Hons in Fashion Design||2 years|
|MA in Fashion Design||2 years|
|MSc in Fashion Designing||2 years|
|Masters of Fashion Management||2 years|
|PG Diploma in Fashion Design||12 to 18 months|
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Eligibility of Fashion Designing Courses
Candidates may pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees in fashion design after completing their 12th-grade education. A number of fashion designing courses following class ten are also provided as diploma and certification programs. Students need to earn a minimum grade of 50% to be accepted into these courses. For bachelor’s degree programs, the fundamental and minimal admission requirements for fashion design courses are 10+2 with a 50 percent grade point average. After the 10th, you can opt for any streams in class 12th like arts, commerce, or science to pursue fashion designing courses after 12th. Written exams, focus groups, and interviews will all be used to define admission standards, which will only consider merit.
- UG COURSES – For the purpose of enrolling in bachelor’s-level fashion design courses, candidates must receive at least 50% of the possible points in their 12th-grade exams. Candidates that meet the requirements above are likely to show up for entrance tests like the NIFT, NID DAT, and UCEED.
- PG COURSES – Candidates for master’s level fashion design programs must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 50% overall. Candidates that meet the aforementioned requirements are likely to show up for entrance tests like CEED, NID DAT, IIAD, and others.
- DIPLOMA COURSES – Candidates must pass their 10+2 examinations from an accredited university with overall grades between 40 and 50%.
Admission Process to Fashion Designing Courses
Admission to fashion designing courses after high school may differ depending on the degree a candidate takes.
- Candidates will be admitted immediately to certificate programs in fashion design. Aspirants can choose a specific certificate program in fashion design courses after high school by visiting the college’s official website.
- Candidates are frequently selected for advanced diploma and post-secondary diploma fashion designing programs based on their performance on previous tests. The final choice will depend on the candidates’ qualifications throughout the interview process.
- Following high school, candidates interested in pursuing UG and PG degrees in fashion design must pass entrance exams like the NID, CEED, DAT, NIFT, and others. Candidates are then selected based on their performance in these exams.
- After completing high school, applicants for Ph.D. fashion designing programs take exams from the CSIR, UGC, NET, and other renowned Ph.D. entrance programs.
- Candidates must successfully complete this, do well in the interview portion, and present their research and thesis proposal.
Let’s have a look at some important exams for Fashion Designing in India.
- NID DAT
- AIFD WAT
Top-Ranked Colleges And Fees
The top-ranked institutions in India that offer fashion design courses after 12 are shown in the following table.
|NIFT Delhi (B.FTech)||13 Lakhs (4 Years)|
|NIFT Bangalore (B.FTech)||7 Lakhs (4 Years)|
|NIFT Patna (B.FTech)||10 Lakhs (10 years)|
|NIFT Gandhinagar (B.FTech)||11.50 Lakhs (4 years)|
|NIFT Kolkata (B.FTech)||11.74 Lakhs (4 Years)|
Fashion Designers’ Job Profiles and Average Annual Salary
The following are the duties and regular activities of fashion designers, as it relates to the question of what they do: Clothing, shoes, and accessories are made by fashion designers and with their help. For each season, they study fashion magazines to stay current on the newest trends, styles, and colors. The table below lists the top career paths for fashion design graduates along with their typical salaries.
|Job Profiles||Annual Salary|
|Fashion Designer||INR 525,720|
|Textile Designer||INR 400,000|
|Footwear Designer||INR 360,000|
|Personal Stylish||INR 560,000|
|Makeup Artist||INR 270,000|
|Fashion Blogger||INR 480,000|
|Fashion Editor||INR 10,75,153|
|Fashion Journalist||INR 350,000|
|Fashion Advisor||INR 202,248|
|Accessory Designer||INR 570,000|
|Costume Designer||INR 159,000|
Skills Required To Pursue Fashion Designing After 12th
In order to enroll in fashion design classes after high school, an applicant must possess a certain set of abilities. Review it in more depth below,
- Good Communication Skills
- Should be creative
- Should have a different sense of style
- Strong visualization skills
- Should have an artistic mind
- Must be able to sew garments
- Should be aware of fashion trends
- Should be detail-oriented
Now that you have a clear understanding of courses, eligibility, entrance exams, and the admission process of the fashion technology world, you might be thinking of grabbing this opportunity at the earliest. We have summed up the entire details in brief for you and we hope we were able to answer all the queries that you may have had.
Hope we have served you enough! Still, got questions? Why don’t you connect with our industry experts? Yes, you read it right! You can get your queries resolved in just 60 seconds from our Career counselors. So, what are you waiting for? Download the app now! Strategic career planning is the need of the hour and must be attended to as well. It is an intricate affair and comes with its tribulations. iDreamCareer has helped millions of young minds like you from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, and class 12 discover their true mettle and is ready to help you too.
- Career Options After 12th Commerce
- CA Course Details After 12th
- Courses After Graduation in Commerce
- Graduation Courses After 12th
- Agriculture Courses After 12th
- Aviation Courses After 12th
- Designing Courses After 12th
- Physiotherapy Courses After 12th
- Popular 12th Pass Job Options
- Top Fashion Design Careers
- Professional Courses After 12th Commerce
Fashion Designing Courses After 12th – FAQs
Some of the possible courses include the three-year undergraduate fashion design degree program, which offers degrees like the BSc and BDes in the field. A two-year diploma program, like the Diploma in Fashion Designing, is available.
Both merit and an entry basis are used to determine admission to fashion designing programs. Examinations like the NID, CEED, DAT, NIFT, and others are used to determine admission to undergraduate and graduate programs. Their performance on these tests will determine who is chosen.
It is apparent that the fashion industry is further separated into numerous sorts because it is such a vast industry. It consists of ramp walks by some well-known celebrities and stars, photo shoots with celebrities or stars for renowned photographers and magazines. In order to display their unique, innovative, and modern style in clothing and related accessories, one can also organize events and live performances.
Since you have the freedom to choose any subject according to your wish, arts and humanities will make the transition smooth for you.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
- August 12, 20226 Comments|
- August 27, 202249 Comments|
- March 27, 202053 Comments|
- March 30, 20209 Comments|
- March 30, 202013 Comments|
Sushant has been writing since his early days of childhood and currently, he’s serving as a Content Writer with iDreamCareer. Sushant has two start-ups of his own and he has been writing content for them since their inception. Apart from that he is passionate about writing which is why he is following his passion for writing with iDreamCareer.