A student’s transition from high school to college marks an important turning point in their life. It is the start of a new chapter and a chance to investigate other academic areas. After passing high school, choosing the correct degree courses after 12th necessitates a careful assessment. These include one’s interests, skills, and desired professional path. Students can choose from a wide variety of degree courses after 12th standard in today’s fast-paced world. These courses are meant to provide students with the relevant information and abilities. And this will help in succeeding in their chosen industries.
Major degree courses after 12th include business management, engineering, medicine, and law. After high school, pursuing a degree may lead to a variety of job opportunities. It will also assist individuals in achieving their professional objectives. Before picking a choice, it is important to study the numerous possibilities available. They should consider one’s interests and aptitudes, and seek advice from counselors and experts. This blog will examine several degree courses after 12th class and give details on the potential careers they can lead to.
What all is covered in this post?
In this blog post, we will cover all the relevant information regarding degree courses after 12th in various streams. It will also include their eligibility, duration, fees, top colleges, career opportunities, and much more relevant information.
List of Best Degree Courses After 12th
In this section, we will see a detailed list of the best degree courses after 12th. Given below is a list of the top 5 best degree courses after 12th which are quite popular among students and offer lucrative job paths in the future.
- Business Management
- Arts and Humanities
About the best degree courses after 12th
In this section, we shall be looking at the top 5 degree courses after 12th in detail including their eligibility, duration, colleges, salary, fees, career options, and much more relevant information.
It is one of the most popular degree courses after 12th because it provides a variety of specialties, including computer science, mechanical, electrical, civil, and chemical engineering. The professionals are in great demand across a range of industries due to the quick improvements in technology.
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCM with an aggregate of 60%Some top colleges may require students to attempt JEE.|
|Top Colleges||Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Delhi Technological University (DTU), and Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)|
|Course Fees||INR 5 Lakhs to INR 25 Lakhs|
|Popular Job Profiles||Software Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Civil Engineer, and Chemical Engineer|
|Expected Salary||Fresher: 3-10 LPAExperienced: 10-50 LPA|
A common degree course after 12th that offers excellent employment prospects is medicine. General medicine, surgery, paediatrics, cardiology, and oncology are just a few of the many specialties available in the highly sought-after discipline of medicine.
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCB with an aggregate of 60% + NEET|
|Top Colleges||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Christian Medical College (CMC), Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER).|
|Course Fees||INR 5000 to INR 70 Lakhs|
|Popular Job Profiles||Physician, Surgeon, Paediatrician, Gynecologist, and Psychiatrist.|
|Expected Salary||Fresher: 5-10 LPAExperienced: 20-50 LPA|
Students that are interested in the legal profession frequently choose to pursue a degree in law after their 12th-grade year. A law degree opens up a wide variety of professional options, such as becoming a lawyer, working as a legal counselor, or entering the judiciary.
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream with an aggregate of 45%Many of the popular law colleges may require the students to appear for the CLAT exam.|
|Duration||BA+LLB (Integrated): 5 YearsLLB: 3 Years|
|Top Colleges||National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), Hyderabad, National Law University (NLU), Delhi, and Symbiosis Law School, Pune.|
|Course Fees||INR 50000 to INR 15 Lakhs|
|Popular Job Profiles||Lawyer, Legal Advisor, Legal Analyst, Legal Associate, Legal Consultant, Legal Manager, and Legal Officer|
|Expected Salary||Fresher: 3-6 LPAExperienced: Up to 20 LPA|
A business management degree is a great option for those who want to start their own firm or work in the corporate world. The course gives a thorough grasp of how organizations operate by covering a variety of topics like marketing, finance, human resources, and operations management.
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream with Mathematics with an aggregate of 50%CAT (For Masters)|
|Duration||Bachelor: 3 YearsMaster: 2 Years|
|Top Colleges||Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur, and Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University.|
|Course Fees||INR 50000 to INR 40 Lakhs|
|Popular Job Profiles||Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Finance Manager, and Human Resources Manager|
|Expected Salary||Fresher: 3-10 LPAExperienced: 10-50 LPA|
Arts and Humanities
After high school, those who are interested in a profession in journalism, media, advertising, or public relations should strongly consider obtaining a degree in the arts and humanities. The course develops students’ analytical and critical thinking abilities while covering a wide range of topics, including literature, history, philosophy, and languages.
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream|
|Duration||Bachelor: 3-4 Years|
|Top Colleges||Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, University of Calcutta, University of Mumbai, and Christ University.|
|Course Fees||INR 10000 to INR 2 Lakhs|
|Popular Job Profiles||Writer, Journalist, Editor, Teacher, Researcher, Social Worker, Counselor, and Public Relations Officer|
|Expected Salary||Fresher: 2-5 LPAExperienced: 8-10 LPA|
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Degree Courses After 12th in Different Streams
In this section of the blog, we shall now be looking at the degree courses after 12th in various streams.
Degree Courses After 12th Science
Let’s now have a look at the popular degree courses after 12th science.
- Engineering: Engineering is a popular choice for students who have passed 12th grade with the science stream. Some of the popular engineering courses include Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering.
- Medicine: Medicine is another popular choice for students who have completed 12th grade with a science background. The courses include MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), and BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery).
- Architecture: Architecture is a creative field that involves designing buildings, homes, and other structures. Some of the popular architecture courses include Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) and Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan).
- Pharmacy: Pharmacy is a popular course for students who want to pursue a career in the healthcare industry. Some of the popular pharmacy courses include Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) and Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
- Biotechnology: Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary field that involves the application of biology, chemistry, and engineering to develop new products and processes. Some of the popular biotechnology courses include Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology, Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology, and Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology.
Degree Courses After 12th Commerce
Let’s now have a look at the popular degree courses after 12th commerce.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com): B.Com is a popular undergraduate degree course for students who have completed 12th grade with a commerce background. This course provides an in-depth understanding of various aspects of commerce, including accounting, taxation, finance, economics, and business management.
- Chartered Accountancy (CA): Chartered Accountancy is a professional course for students who want to pursue a career in accounting and finance. It is considered to be one of the toughest and most prestigious courses in the field of commerce.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): BBA is an undergraduate degree course that provides an in-depth understanding of various aspects of business management. This course covers topics such as finance, marketing, operations, human resources, and business strategy.
- Bachelor of Economics (BE): BE is an undergraduate degree course that provides an in-depth understanding of various aspects of economics, including microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, and international economics. This course is ideal for students who want to pursue a career in economics or related fields.
Degree Courses After 12th Humanities
Let’s now have a look at the popular degree courses after 12th arts and humanities.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): For students with a foundation in the arts and humanities who have finished high school, the BA is a well-liked undergraduate degree course after 12th. This course covers a wide range of topics, including political science, sociology, literature, and sociology
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC): A thorough grasp of different facets of journalism and mass communication, including print media, electronic media, advertising, and public relations, is provided through the bachelor of journalism and mass communication (BJMC) undergraduate degree program.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA): Sculpture, painting, printing, and graphic design are just a few of the topics covered in depth in the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), an undergraduate degree program. For those who desire to work in the fine arts, this course is perfect.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW): A comprehensive grasp of numerous facets of social work, such as community development, social welfare programs, and social justice, is provided by the bachelor of social work (BSW), a course of study leading to a degree at the undergraduate level. Those who desire to work in the social work sector should take this course.
- Bachelor of Library Sciences (B. Lib.): A thorough sector of different elements of library science, such as library management, cataloging, and categorization of books and other library resources, is provided by the bachelor of library science (B.Lib.) undergraduate degree program. Students who desire to work in the field of library science should take this course.
1 Year Degree Courses After 12th
There are several 1 year degree courses after 12th available for students who are looking forward to enhancing their skills and abilities. Some of such degree courses after 12th are:
- Diploma in Digital Marketing: Search engine optimization, social media marketing, email marketing, and content marketing are just a few of the topics covered in this course for a diploma in digital marketing.
- Diploma in Hotel Management: Hospitality management, food and beverage service, and hotel accounting are just a few of the topics covered in depth in this course for those seeking a diploma in hotel management.
- Diploma in Event Management: Event planning, marketing, budgeting, and execution are just a few of the topics covered in this course for an event management diploma.
- Diploma in Interior Designing: This program gives students a thorough understanding of the many facets of interior design, such as furniture design, lighting design, space planning, and interior décor.
- Diploma in Photography: This course includes a range of topics related to photography, such as post-production, composition, lighting, and camera settings.
- Diploma in Animation and VFX: A thorough understanding of numerous facets of animation and visual effects, such as 3D modeling, character animation, special effects, and compositing, is provided by this course, which leads to the award of a diploma in the field.
Regardless of educational background, students who have finished the 12th grade have access to a variety of degree courses after 12th. While the most popular streams are in science, business, and the arts and humanities, there are a number of specialty courses available to students, ranging from journalism and digital marketing to engineering and medicine. Students may choose and enroll in degree courses that match their interests and career goals with the correct assistance and research, putting them on the road to a happy and fruitful future.
Hope we were able to give you all the information you required about the degree courses after 12th. Still have inquiries? Why don’t you get in touch with our subject-matter experts? You did read that correctly. Our career advisers can answer your questions in only 60 seconds. What are you still holding out for? Get the iDreamCareer app right away!
iDreamCareer is prepared to assist you after helping millions of young brains in your grade levels—9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th—discover their full potential.
- Best Courses After 12th science
- Best Courses After 12th
- Graduation Courses After 12th
- Professional Courses After 12th
- Best Courses After 12th Arts
- High Salary Courses After 12th Science
- Best Courses after 12th Commerce
Some of the popular degree courses after 12th for students with a science background include Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in fields such as engineering, computer science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biotechnology.
Some of the popular degree courses after 12th for students with an arts and humanities background include Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), and Bachelor of Library Science (B.Lib.).
Yes, several universities and colleges offer online degree courses for students after 12th, allowing them to pursue higher education from the comfort of their homes. Some popular online degree courses include Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in various fields.
AI/ ML/ Robotics are some of the courses having good scope in the future, unquestionably. Educational requirements: AI/ ML/Robotics are Master’s level courses for which the aspirant must be a graduate in Physics/ Aeronautical/ Aerospace/ Nuclear/ Mechanical Engineering.
Obtaining a college degree will almost always improve your career opportunities. In today’s competitive job market, it’s becoming more common for employers to require applicants to hold at least a bachelor’s degree in order to qualify for many jobs.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
Watch Out for These Coolest High Paying Arts Stream JobsAugust 12, 20226 Comments|
Importance of Co-Curricular Activities for StudentsAugust 27, 202250 Comments|
Holistic development for Students: Meaning & ImportanceMarch 27, 202054 Comments|
13 Best Jobs for Women in the 21st CenturyMarch 30, 20209 Comments|
How to Get into IIT: A-Z GuideFebruary 12, 202313 Comments|
Sushant has been writing since his early days of childhood and currently, he’s serving as a Content Writer with iDreamCareer. Sushant has two start-ups of his own and he has been writing content for them since their inception. Apart from that he is passionate about writing which is why he is following his passion for writing with iDreamCareer.