Planning to improve your managerial and leadership skills? Want to get global exposure and practical experience in business administration? How to find the best country for MBA?
Unsure about which country to target for your MBA aspirations?
Continue reading to find your answers. This post will take you through the best country for MBA and everything you need to know to succeed.
MBA graduates are offered top positions in global companies across various industries and in some of the world’s top business too such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, KPMG, etc.
Why study MBA from abroad?
If you are planning to study MBA from one of the best countries, you should definitely justify your choice. So, let’s take a look at the top benefits of studying MBA from abroad:
Eligibility criteria – Required exams
While there are no specific eligibility criteria for admission to an advanced MBA college, however, most colleges have their own specific requirements for admission in MBA. You should have completed your graduation from a recognized university to get into a good MBA college.
Along with it, you need to qualify following exams to get admission to an MBA in the best country.
6 best countries for MBA
Choosing the best country to study MBA requires you to look at finances, living expenses, jobs, etc. Following are some of the top international education destinations, giving you many options to achieve your dream of studying MBA abroad:
United States of America:
- USA is considered the best country for MBA. MBA from USA can be rewarding, both in terms of study experience and postgraduate careers.
- Cost of living: $10000 to $18000 per year
- Scholarship available for Indian students: Foreign Fulbright Student Program, Humphrey Fellowship Program, Emerging Economy Fellowships, Social Impact Fellowships, McKinsey Award, The Robert S. Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship.
- Top recruiters: Apple, Exxon Mobil, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Google, etc.
- Top Universities: Stanford Graduate School of Business, Tuck School of Business- Dartmouth College, Harvard Business School, Columbia Business School, Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University.
- Stay Back Period: For2 months after their course completion.
- The United Kingdom has always been a popular study abroad destination among Indian students. London is one of the leading finance & banking institutions, and some UK cities offer excellent opportunities in the service industry.
- Cost of living: 7,200 to 9,000 Pound
- Scholarship available: Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship, Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarship, Inlaks Scholarships, Go Clean Scholarship, Chevening Scholarship, Hornby Scholarship, Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program, GREAT Scholarship, GATE Scholarship.
- Top recruiters: McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, Google, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, etc.
- Top Universities: University of Oxford, London Business School, University of Cambridge, Lancaster University, University of Warwick.
- Stay Back Period: For max. 2 years after course completion.
- In third place, another North American country is Canada. Canada remains a popular country for MBA due to its low cost and due to the quality of its business schools and the employment opportunities available after graduation.
- Cost of Living: CAD 5,000 to CAD 10,000 per year
- Scholarships: Haskayne School of Business MBA in Canada Scholarships, Ivey MBA Scholarships in Canada, Alberta MBA Scholarships, Sauder School of Business Scholarship, Rotman School of Management Scholarships, Schulich School of Business Scholarships.
- Recruiters: Apple, Bain & Company, Facebook, BCG, Citigroup, Deloitte, etc.
- Top Universities: York University’s Schulich School of Business, University of Toronto: Rotman School, Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University, Sauder Business School, University of British Columbia, Desautels School, McGill University.
- Stay Back Period: Max. 3 years after completion course in this one of the best countries for MBA.
- Australia is another popular learning destination with Indian students, as the country offers affordable educational opportunities without compromising on quality.
- Cost of Living: 15,000 to 25,000 AUD per year
- Scholarships: Kraft Heinz Scholarship, Monash MBA International Women in Leadership Scholarship, MBS Scholarships, Adelaide MBA Scholarship, UOW Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Recruiters: ANZ Banking Corporation, Telstra Corporation Ltd, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Wesfarmers, Accenture, CIMIC Group, Deloitte Australia, Qantas, etc.
- Top Universities: College of Business and Economics, Australian National University; AGSM MBA, The University of New South Wales; Melbourne Business School, The University of Melbourne; UQ Business School, University of Queensland; Monash Business School, Monash University.
- Stay Back Period: For 15 to 24 months (1.25 to 2 years) after a 2-year MBA course.
- In Germany, public universities are funded by the government of Germany and therefore do not charge tuition fees for students or simply charge a fee as administrative fees. Also, Germany is home to some of the best MBA colleges in the world which is why it is considered the best country for MBA.
- Cost of Living: 10,000 to 15,000 EUR per year
- Scholarships: ESMT’s MBA Scholarship program; IUBH University of Applied Sciences; HHL Asia-Pacific Scholarship (full-time MBA); Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship; Global Study Awards; The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program; DAAD Scholarships
- Recruiters: Accenture; Bosch; Allianz; Munich Re; SAP; Siemens; Daimler; Volvo; BMW; Porsche, etc.
- Top Universities: Manheim Business School; Frankfurt School of Finance and Management; ESMT Berlin; WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management; HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management.
- Stay Back Period: For 18 months (1.5 years) after completing MBA.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, Singapore is a well-established international destination for foreign education. It is also known as one of the most economically viable options for those who want to study abroad.
- Cost of Living: 8,000 to 10,000 SGD per year
- Scholarships: Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore International Graduate Award, GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship, INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Leaders, SIA Youth Scholarship, Amity Global Institute Merit Scholarship, Singapore Millennium Foundation Scholarship.
- Recruiters: McKinsey & Company; Citibank; Facebook; Google; Temasek; Alibaba, etc.
- Top Universities: National University of Singapore; SP Jain School of Global Management; Nanyang Technological University; James Cook University (Singapore).
- Stay Back Period: For 1 to 3 months after completing the MBA course.
A few other popular countries for MBA are:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
Leaving your hometown to study abroad is always a difficult choice, but you have to overcome it to achieve your dream of pursuing an MBA from the best country.
This is a solid handbook for those wishing to study abroad (High Commission of India in Singapore)
Does that put some of your doubts to rest? If you still have some, why not ask professional experts? iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child in order to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered into the industry. Talk to our industry experts and know yourself in and out! We try to help young confused minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select their most-suited career choices.
- MBA in Canada: An Ultimate Guide
- 5 Reasons to Study in Canada
- Ultimate Guide: Explore Top 20+ Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students
- MBA in Germany
- MBA in Australia
- Harvard Business School- The MBA Review
- Looking For an MBA (Finance) Career Strategy?
- Online MBA: Programs, Top colleges, Course Specializations and Best Strategy
- Crack MBA Entrance Exams – 21 Things
- Choosing the Right MBA Specialization
- M.Tech vs MBA: An Engineer’s Greatest Dilemma
- MBA in Canada: Know Why It’s The Best Choice For You
- All You Need to Know About Best Countries to Study in Europe
- MBA in Ireland: A Complete Guide for Indian Students
- Study in France: A Detailed Story
- An Illustrated Guide to Top MBA Colleges in Germany
- Know Everything About Professional Courses After 12th Commerce
Anushree has 5+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.