MBA or Master of Business Administration is a master’s degree in business administration (management). The MBA degree is one of the most sought after degrees in the world. MBA students study the theory and relevance of business and management principles. This study equips students with knowledge that can be applied to the array of real-world business situations. Thus choosing from a number of options in an MBA is a tough job. Therefore this blogs talks about various MBA specializations and which one of these you could pursue.
Some popular career options after MBA are Business analyst, strategist, business development analyst, directors, entrepreneur, financial analyst, management consultant, marketing analyst, portfolio manager, project, product & program manager, operations analyst, etc.
There are various programs designed to meet various needs of the hour from that you can choose what suits you best. Business Schools in several countries offer programs that are tailored for part-time, full-time, executive, and distance learning students,
Full-Time MBA programs take place over two academic years. Accelerated MBA programs are of significantly shorter duration. They involve a superior course load with more concentrated class and examination schedules and are usually packed into one year. Accelerated programs normally have a lower cost than two-year programs.
Part-Time MBA programs hold classes on weekday evenings, after standard working hours, or on weekends. Evening (Second Shift) MBA programs are full-time programs that normally hold classes on weekday evenings, after typical working hours, or on weekends for two years. The students in these programs broadly consist of working professionals, who cannot leave their job to pursue a full-time regular shift MBA.
Top International B-schools
With an increasing number of MBA colleges, it is very important to choose esteemed colleges to pursue MBA. Take a look at this MBA College list with the best colleges in the world and India.
- London Business School
- Wharton Business school
- University of Pennsylvania
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford Graduate School Of Business
- Insead, France/Singapore
Top Indian B-Schools
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management
- Faculty of Management Studies – University of Delhi (FMS)
- Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS)
There are many business schools and colleges in India offering two-year MBA or PGDM programs accredited by AICTE or UGC. The students are a mix of fresh graduates as well as experience holders and get either public or private schools depending on the entrance examination. Applicants who have graduated from any background can apply for the MBA program. Students have to appear in an entrance exam such as MAT, CAT, XAT or ATMA to get admitted into this course.
Nowadays, there are various options in MBA programs. Before making a decision, you should gauge each and every one. MBA specialization envelops an assortment of areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and operations. These programs are designed so that students gain exposure to theory and practice alike. Choosing the right MBA specialization is very important. Following are some of them:
- MBA Finance: MBA in Finance is the oldest form of MBA specialization. Finance is the backbone of any business. MBA Finance prepares you in various subjects like costing, budgeting, international finance, capital management. Students who specialize in finance will find opportunities in more or less any industry.
- MBA Marketing: MBA in Marketing is very dynamic and competitive. It facilitates a student to understand consumer behavior, market advertising and many other important fields including media, working with a creative team, or writing ad copy for an advertising agency or PR firm. One needs to have admirable communication skills and an enduring zeal to excel in marketing.
- MBA Human Resource: MBA in Human Resource (HR) – if you have good communication skills, a charismatic personality & are dependable and confident, this course is for you. Prepares you to work as the head of the HR department, advertising for, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating and firing employees. It includes diversity, mergers &acquisitions, labor markets, and emerging economies.
- MBA Operations: MBA Operationshelps you deal with production management or floor management. You learn how to maintain process flows, developed vendor, and inter-departmental relationships. It’s a great choice for students with an engineering background as it gives an edge over their contemporaries in product development and designing and process optimization.
- MBA in Health Care Management: MBA in Health Care Management prepares you for middle to upper-level management in healthcare. However, most of these positions require some medical credentials in addition to an MBA.
- Other popular courses include an MBA in Communication which prepares you for jobs related to journalism, PR, media, and advertising. An MBA in Project Management is essential for fields like construction, technology, software development, architecture, and R&D firms.
MBA in Entrepreneurship, MBA in IT Management prepares those with a background in programming, database administration, software development or IT to take on greater responsibilities managing a team. A few other lesser-known specializations these days are MBA in Media, MBA in Telecommunications, MBA in Technology Management and an MBA in Sports Management.
Choosing the right kind of degree that suits you is the most important step. Thus when you finalize that you would be pursuing an MBA then it is equally important to evaluate and identify which MBA specialization you would take up as your major. Getting into a great college teamed with an enigmatic personality, good communication skills, and an enduring zeal to learn will take to great heights. Start preparing for a tremendous future!!