What after 12th science PCM? What courses? What to do?
These are typically the major doubts you must have if you’re not one of those bent towards engineering. Well, understand that you’re not alone. You share these with thousands of confused others!
Let me assure you here, you can pursue multiple types of courses after 12th science PCM when you complete your studies but you have to choose wisely, taking professional help if possible.
You have had the privilege of studying the most promising combination of subjects in Class 12th. You must know that.
However, possible academic disciplines are diverse and the task is a little more than impossible to include all future options inside one canopy. This is the best and most organized guide you can give yourself.
Be patient while looking through this handbook. We’re hoping you’ll discover so much more than you can imagine but only if you do not miss tricky details. Los geht’s! (Let’s go)
We will be talking about all possibilities, mostly beyond conventional engineering courses, in this post. Also, find the dedicated post for engineering courses, linked in the conclusions section.
Understandably, not everyone would have a desire of being an engineer. Many may take it up due to just a lack of judgment or under duress, but mostly in the hope of getting a good job.
What after 12th science PCM? Thinking Beyond the Horizon
Some of you might have already thought quite a lot about it and are already on a path to realize your dream.
But for many, there could be a lot of painful confusions still. And even if you have a plan, there could be some worries and rightfully so.
For example, do you know that 80% of graduating engineers in India are not employable? Meaning that they may not get a job after completing their BE/BTech.
According to the Annual Employability Survey 2019 report by Aspiring Minds, 80% of Indian engineers are not fit for any job in the knowledge economy – mostly in the information technology sector.
Phew! That’s some competition. And what’s this about Engineering? Should you think about it or should you not?
In this post, we will talk about all those disciplines beyond typically known engineering ones across all possible industry sectors, futuristic courses as well as others that keep you job-ready.
Diverse routes after class 12th science PCM, okay, but which ones?
It’s ok to ask but you must have the pertinent & correct information before you make your choice.
So, there are questions and there could be some confusion. It’s always ok to search and learn about the right information. You’re doing just that.
There are plenty of options to choose the best courses after 12th – courses which fit your ambitions and courses which answer the question ‘what can YOU DO after 12th Science PCM?’ very well.
To help you make a well informed and good decision about what you can do after 12th Science PCM, iDC offers a plethora of in-depth information to help you arrive at answers through this post. Feel free to move around and shortlist your options!
Best courses after 12th Science PCM? How do you decide? Here’s a quick student guide
Before you jump on to see what the available options are, first think about 2 broad choices and a key decision point:
Choice A: Continue in science stream and go for higher studies
If you have an interest in a particular discipline or a subject or have been performing well in a subject, it might be your right option after 12th science PCM.
In order to make the best of the opportunities your way, we suggest you avail of help from a career guide to understand the latest career trends related to it.
Choice B: Switch to a New Stream and Go for Higher Education
Many times, our personal choices may not turn out to be a good professional choice.
Depending on your aptitude and personal interest, you can pick a different course after 12th science PCM and have a bright career.
Just be careful while applying for a course as many colleges prefer students with a strong background in individual subjects.
Key Decision Point: Which entrance examination to take for admission to college after 12th science PCM?
You can sit for entrance exams related to your chosen stream or subject of study after 12th. Every year students prepare diligently to crack entrance exams.
Most reputed colleges offering a plethora of courses after 12th have also adopted the trend of taking entrance tests to screen candidates.
As many of these entrance examinations are scheduled at different times of the year, a career guide can really help you stay prepared and updated with the examination schedule.
At this point, we shall move on to 20 expansive lists that will give you “n” number of options to choose and shortlist from.
These will give you an idea about all degree courses after 12th science PCM other than engineering, all career options after 12th science PCM other than engineering, and all diploma courses after 12th science PCM other than engineering as well as exciting other specifics you didn’t know about.
List #1: Top 20 choices after 12th Science PCM
- Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
- Bachelor of Planning (B Plan)
- B. Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
We couldn’t skip this, though we were supposed to steer clear of Engineering. This is somewhat different.
- Perfect blend of science and technology
- Lot of new job openings
- Less competition
- Technologies in the fields of aircraft, satellite, spacecraft, etc.
- Specialization in subjects like construction, designing, navigational guidance, development, etc.
- Plenty of job opportunities in private as well as public sectors
- New airlines come up every day
- Satellite technology is improving
- Ethical Hacking
- B Sc Statistics/ Bachelor of Statistics (B Stat.)
- B Sc in Data Science
- Actuarial Sciences
- B Sc Physical Science (3 year degree course in select colleges)
- B Sc Mathematics/ Bachelor of Mathematics (B Math)
- B Sc Computer Science/ IT
- B.Sc. (Hons) Economics & Finance (3 year degree course in select colleges)
- B Sc Operational Research
- B Sc Electronics/ Instrumentation Science
- Bachelor of Design (Animation/ Industrial Design/ Product Design)
- B Sc Aviation / Commercial Aviation/ Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies/ (Hons) Aviation Management / Aviation Science
- B Tech / BE / B Sc Nautical Science/ Applied Nautical Science/ Ship Building & Repair/ Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering/ Harbour & Ocean Engineering/ Shipping
- B Sc Forensic Science
- B Des in Fashion Design/ Fashion Technology/ Accessory Design
- B Sc Nuclear Medicine / Nuclear Science/ Nuclear Medicine Technology/ B Tech Nuclear Science & Engineering
- Exclusive option: 4 year B Sc (Research) at IISc, Bangalore (only through KVPY, 60% in JEE Main/ JEE Advanced/ NEET)
Best career options after 12th science PCM
Browse through the following lists. Very expansive, yes! You may not have a degree course specifically designed for each of these disciplines at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in India.
These are careers options after 12th Science PCM, based on industrial sectors recruiting students from relevant disciplines.
For example, you may have a degree in Statistics but can start off into Data Science & Engineering (the #1 in demand today).
List #2: 22 Exciting and futuristic career options after 12th science PCM
These disciplines after 12th science PCM other than engineering will make you future ready
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Computational Sciences
- Computer Graphics, Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Database Management and Analytics
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Computational Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Applied Statistics
- Industrial Statistics
- Quantitative Economics
- Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Technologies
- Computer Networking
- Computer Vision
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Bioengineering (you can do even without Biology in class 12th)
- Biomedical Engineering (you can do even without Biology in class 12th)
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology (you can do even without Biology in class 12th)
Please note, you may or may not have a degree course specifically designed for each of these disciplines at the Bachelor’s level in India.
These are careers based on industrial sectors recruiting students from relevant disciplines. For example, you may have a degree in Statistics but can start off into Data Science & Engineering (the #1 in demand today).
We are looking at an ever-dynamic industry which is constantly evolving with newer industrial roles every half a decade.
List #3: 10 Exciting career options after 12th science PCM and few conventional options after which you can go for higher studies
Some of these degree courses after 12th science PCM are truly like high salary ones other than engineering
- Industrial Design/Product Design/Vehicle Design
- Data Science/ Data Analytics
- Nautical Science/ Merchant Navy Training
- Commercial Pilot License
- Fashion Technology
List #4: 6 Disciplines which will always keep you job-ready
If none of the above-mentioned disciplines work, then these other than engineering will surely lead you to one of the best career options after 12th Science PCM. All of these have dedicated specific degree courses after 12th science PCM in our country.
- Energy Engineering
- Embedded Systems and VLSI Design
- Nuclear Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Green Technology
- Geomatics and Geomatics Engineering
List #5: Interested in the legal side of our life, society, and business?
(degree courses after 12th science PCM)
- B.A. LL.B. / B.Sc. LL.B./ B.Com. LL.B./ BBA LL.B. (5-years course)
List #6: 20 For of you with an artistic bent of mind
You can do a Bachelor’s degree like B. Des/ B.Sc. or a 3 – 4 year Diploma (Diploma courses are also separately listed below):
- Graphic Design/ Web Design/ UI-UX Design/ Multimedia Design
- Digital Design
- Game Design
- Visual and Communication Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Toy Design
- Fashion/ Apparel / Costume / Knitwear/ Footwear Design
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts/ Sculpture
- Animation Design
- Textile Design / Surface Design
- Lifestyle Accessories Design/ Leather Design/ Jewellery Design
- Film and Video Design / SFX/ VFX Design
- Material Design/ Ceramic Design/ Craft Design
- Interior / Furniture Design
- Applied Art and Design
- Experience, Information and Interaction Design
- Ceramic and Glass Design
- Industrial and Manufacturing Design
- Art Communication and Journalism
- Performing Arts
List #7: 6 For those with a gift of Language & Communication
(degree courses after 12th science PCM)
- Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication / Mass Media Studies / Similar
- Bachelor in English/ other languages
- Online Journalism & Blogging
- Public Relations Management
- Social Media Communication Management
- Linguistics (Clinical/ Cognitive/ Applied/ Developmental/ Evolutionary/ Forensic/ Historical/ Neuro/ Psycho/ Socio/ Eco-linguistics )
List #8: Looking for options where there are many jobs after a degree? Here are super 5
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Visual Communication Design
- Hotel Management/ Hotel & Catering Administration and Management
- Travel and Tourism Management/ Travel Administration / Aviation Management
- Tea Tasting Management
List #9: Yet other 10 options, check these out
- Education Studies
- Film and Video Editing
- Creative Production
- Music Therapy
- Advertising/ Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Urban & Regional Development
- Anthropology (Archeological/ Biological/ Computational/ Cultural/ Forensic/ Medical/ Social Anthropology)
- Culinary Arts
Options in Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences area (possible even after 12th science PCM)
The following mostly have dedicated degree courses (if not at the Bachelor’s, then definitely at Master’s level) specifically designed for each discipline.
List #10: 2 Options after 12th science PCM in Pharmaceutical Sciences which can lead you to exciting careers
(degree courses after 12th science PCM)
- B.Pharm. (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (6 years)
List #11: 12 options in Allied Medical Sciences in which you will find plenty of job opportunities
(degree courses after 12th science PCM)
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Radiology / Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology/ Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech Language Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
List #12: 33 Fundamental Biological Science options for a good career after 12th Science PCM or for doing higher studies after a graduation in these
You can pursue higher studies after graduation in these (degree courses after 12th science PCM)
- Biological Science/ Bioscience/ Biology (B.S. or Integrated M.S course)
- Botany / Zoology / Physiology / Human Anatomy
- Food Science/ Food Science & Technology
- Fisheries Science
- Agricultural Biochemistry
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computational Biology
- Conservation Biology
- Ecology & Evolution
- Environmental Biology
- Bio Nanotechnology
- Cell & Tissue Engineering Sciences
- Molecular Biology
- Cognitive Sciences
- Computational Neuroscience
- Psychology and Neuroscience
- Marine Biology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Wildlife Biology/ Wildlife Management
List #13: 19 Top Interesting career options after 12th science PCM in the field of Finance, Commerce & Business
- Financial Planning
- Financial Engineering & Technology
- Equity and Investment Analysis
- Risk Management & Credit Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- International Business and Foreign Trade
- Social Media Marketing
- Secretarial Practice
- Financial Management
- Business Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Business Information Systems
- Business Administration
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Banking
- Company Secretary
- International Transportation & Logistics Management
- Decision Science
- Asset and Portfolio Management
- Pharmaceutical Business Management
List #14: Yet other 46 career options after 12th science PCM in finance, commerce, business
- Commerce & Computer Applications
- Chartered Accounting
- Wealth Management
- Advertising and Brand Management
- Commercial Operations Management
- General and Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Relations
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- International Marketing Management
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Technologies & Automation
- Organization Development
- Project Management
- Sales Management
- Business Support Operations Management
- Customer Support Process Management
- Facility Management
- Business System Management
- Computer Applications (Business)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Development Administration and Management
- Rural Development
- MSME Management
- Small Business Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Behavioural Finance
- Commodity Analysis
- Aviation Management (Business)
- Hospitality Management (Business)
- Travel and Tourism Management (Business)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Business Economics (Business Management)
- Bio-products Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Media Management
- Oil & Gas (Petroleum & Petrochemicals) Business
- Real Estate Management
- Retail Management
- Telecommunication Management
- Textile Business Management
- Sports Administration and Management
- Sports Analytics
Diploma courses after 12th science PCM
List #15: Best diploma courses after 12th science PCM (IT/ software related)
- Diploma in Computer Technology
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in IT
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma/Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Diploma in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Hardware Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Hardware and Networking
- Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Diploma in Animation
- Diploma in Web Designing & Development
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Mobile Application Development
- Diploma in CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drawing)
- Diploma in MS Office (Certification Programs)
- Diploma in Hardware Engineering (related to computer hardware)
List #16: Info Booster – Beneficial Certificate Courses you didn’t know about
- DOEACC ‘O’ Level
- .NET Technologies
- JAVA Technologies
- C ++
- Visual Effects
- 3D Animation
- Corel draw
- IT Security & Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Law
- Red Hat
List #17: Best Diploma courses after 12th science PCM (Life Sc. related)
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Radiological Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Diploma in HIV and Family Education
- Diploma in Nursing Administration
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in Production of Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds
- Diploma in Aquaculture
- Diploma in Meat Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Fish Products Technology
- Diploma in Physical Education
More options for diploma courses after 12th science PCM
List #18: Commerce-related Diploma courses after 12th science PCM:
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Diploma in BPO Finance & Accounting
- Diploma in Goods and Services Tax
- Diploma in Banking
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Retail Management
List #19: Media-related Diploma courses after 12th science PCM:
- Diploma in Sound Recording
- Diploma in Multimedia
- Diploma in Advertising
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Mass Communication & Journalism
List #20: Yet other options for Diploma courses after 12th science PCM
- Diploma in Architectural Assistance
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Yoga/ Yoga Education
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Fire & Safety Technology
- Diploma in Foreign Languages
- Diploma in Photography
- Diploma in Modern Office Practice
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Stewarding
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Panchayat Level Administration & Development
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Urdu
- Diploma in Watershed Management
Courses after 12th Science PCM: Conclusions
You must be full with facts now after all of that mind-bender!
You came looking for information about what all you can do after 12th science PCM other than engineering, different degree courses after 12th science PCM other than engineering, various career options after 12th science PCM other than engineering and what are the diploma courses after 12th science PCM other than engineering available in India.
We’ve served you a heck much, right? This was about all options other than engineering. If you’re particularly looking for all engineering options in one place, get here.
However, remember, understanding the intricacies of any career is not child’s play. It requires experiential assessment of your competencies (skills, abilities, knowledge & a lot more). So, career planning is an indispensable tool of your life and we can certainly help you with that. Plan now!
Must check these:
- Annual Employability Survey 2019 report by Aspiring Minds
- Courses after 12th
- Complete Lists of Engineering Courses after 12th
- 10 new age careers in Technology
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- What is Bachelor of Engineering?
- 51 top universities in India
- Exams to study abroad
- Top careers – from common to unconventional
- Top 10 skills for school students
- 6 rules to follow while making career choice
- Key factors – choosing the right college
- Course or college – which to choose?
Honors in Chemistry (Magna cum Laude), Master’s in Biophysics (Summa cum Laude), Dissertation from Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, India
A specialist in actionable intelligence and knowledge delivery through research and analyses-centric presentations, with demonstrated skills in cross-disciplinary data interpretation/representation with a high degree of proficiency surrounding technical and scientific disciplines. A post-graduate in Biophysics and graduate in Chemistry, she has interned with the prestigious Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics. Sreenanda comes with years of proven experience in scholastic compositions through meta-analytic systemic investigations.
Currently associated with iDreamCareer (India) as an Educational Intelligence Analyst & Careers Profession Expert