Are you a B. Com final year student and haunted by the thoughts of what your career options after B. Com will be? No wonder B. Com is one of the most popular courses for commerce students after completing Class 12th.
Today, B. Com is known as one of the industry-oriented degree programme that helps a student in learning business, accounting, marketing, and other related subjects. But having just a B. Com degree is not enough.
What To Do After B.Com?
Are you a final year student of B. Com or already completed your degree and looking for some career options after B. Com?
We have listed some career options after B. Com that will help you in making an informed decision and help you in choosing the right career path based on your skills and interests!
Top courses after B. Com.
- M.Com: Master of Commerce (M. Com) is a postgraduate degree course. It helps students in understanding the concepts they have learned as a BCom student. So that they can apply them to the world of technology.
- Duration: 2 years
- MBA: Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the popular career options after B. Com as it helps in learning all the managerial aspects of a business based on chosen specialization.
- Duration: 2 years
- Chartered Accountant: Chartered Accountant (CA) is one of the finest course choices and one can enrol for this course even after class 12th while pursuing B.Com. It comprises of 3 stages – CPT, IPCC and Final CA. However, if you applying after B. Com you can directly apply for IPCC which consists of two groups and then for an articleship of at least 2 years followed by CA final exams.
- Company Secretary: If you are looking for some career option after B. Com in the field of corporate law, you can consider CS. It is a combination of law and the corporate world where CS is required to deal with corporate legal matters. If you wish to apply this course after B.Com you can directly apply without any entrance test.
- BAT: One of the popular career options after B. Com is Business Accounting and Taxation (BAT). This course is planned for the students who want to have a practical understanding of accounting, taxation, reporting, and other skills required for working with an accounting firm. This is an interesting paper by Simon James from the University of Exeter.
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- B.Ed.: If you want to choose teaching as a career after B. Com then you may apply for B.Ed. For pursuing this, you need to qualify entrance exams such as IPU CET, BHU UET, DU B.Ed., and others.
- Duration: 2 years
- Actuarial Science: Actuarial science is the study used to assess and manage financial risk, insurance, investment, etc. with the help of mathematical and statistical tools.
- Self-paced for IAI license.
- From other colleges – 3 years for Bachelor & 2 for Masters.
Jobs After B Com
Here is a list of jobs after B. Com along with expected basic salaries.
- Accountant – Rs. 2-6 lpa
- Event Manager – Rs. 3-5 lpa
- Tax Consultant – Rs. 2- 8 lpa
- Travel and Tourism Professional – Rs. 2-6 lpa
- Bookkeeper – Rs. 2-5 lpa
- Insurance Professional – Rs. 2- 8 lpa
- Sales Executive or Customer Support Executive – Rs. 2- 3 lpa
- Banker – Rs. 2- 4 lpa
Government Jobs After B. Com
Here is a list of government jobs after B. Com.
- IBPS PO – Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) – Probationary Officer (PO)
- RBI Grade A/Grade B – Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- SBI PO – State Bank of India (SBI) – Probationary Officer (PO)
- SBI Clerk – State Bank of India (SBI) – Clerk
- IBPS Clerk Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) – Clerk
- UPSC (IAS/IPS/IFS/other’s) – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- SSC CGL – Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) exam
- LIC AAO – Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO)
Career Options After B. Com Without Maths
- Chartered Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Cost Management Accountant
- Financial Analyst and Advisor
- Insurance Professional
- Hotel Manager
Students often find themselves in dilemma while selecting the right career option. Through this article we have tried to give you an understanding about diverse career options after B. Com. But we still recommend you to seek an expert opinion for all decisions, as even a slightly different move may make or break your career in future. iDreamCareer has been rebuilding young lives and their young minds through unbiased career guidance programs. We are ready to help you too!
Hop onto these pages:
- 20+ Central Government Exams after Your College Graduation
- Best 83 MBA Colleges in Delhi for Super Success
- How to become Accountant in India
- GPAT Exam: A Complete Overview on Exam, Syllabus, Exam Date, & Eligibility
- Vying for A Career in Ceramic Engineering?
- Seeking Career Options After B. Com?
- Courses After 12th Arts You Didn’t Know
- Fine Arts: Exploring Ideas And Questioning The Universe In The 20th Century
- Fancy Being a Professor & Shape Young Minds?
Anushree has 4+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Analyst. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR. In her free time she loves building content for her blog, sketching and exploring new food joints.