No wonder MBA is one of the most demanding programs among international students in the last few decades. Canada has become the most demanding destination to study the most popular master’s program in management, i.e., MBA. Studying a Master of Business Administration at top universities in Canada is still the dream of many international students. If you are also looking for a definite list of best universities in Canada for MBA, this post is for you.
Canadian universities provide both full-time and part-time MBA programs in a variety of specializations with a range of scholarship opportunities. Canada is an ideal destination to get an MBA from reputed universities. Students can learn all the latest tactics to solve all the problems of the organization. International students want to gain access to top management universities to complete their MBA degree.
Without further ado… Come along!
What all is covered in this post?
To make it easier for you, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about the best universities in Canada for MBA.
But before we move on further, let’s first understand…
Why study MBA in Canada?
Studying MBA in Canada is beneficial for international students. You are exposed to the business world on a global stage. Studying in the best MBA colleges in Canada will give you exposure on a massive scale.
- Business Development: An MBA is a business course, so it is quite obvious that you will develop business skills. However, studying MBA at the best business schools in Canada will also help you develop an entrepreneurial mindset as you will have to work on real projects. You will have to show your talent in reality. This will make you industry ready!
- Global Exposure: Did you know? Celebrities like Elon Musk, Margaret Atwood and many other popular people have studied in Canada! Some of the best universities in Canada for MBA give you a global stage to showcase your expertise.
- Part-time job opportunities: Apart from learning, you will have several part-time job opportunities from the best business schools in Canada during your MBA in Canada.
- Post-Graduation Work Opportunity: After completing your course at any of the top MBA colleges in Canada, you are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit. This is a great opportunity for students who want to work abroad after graduation.
- Top Universities: Canada has about 45 institutions that offer MBAs. Eight of these universities are among the best universities in Canada for MBA. Isn’t everything good? Of course! Top MBA schools in Canada thus ensures quality education.
10 best universities in Canada for MBA
MBA is one of the most competitive and rewarding degrees on the market today. An MBA from the best MBA colleges in Canada promises high returns. Similarly, the top business schools that offer top-notch MBAs in Canada are:
- Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- Schulich School of Business, York University
- Desautels Faculty of Management, Mcgill University
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- HEC Montréal, Université de Montréal
- Ivey Business School, London, Ontario
- Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
- Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business, University of Waterloo
About the best universities in Canada for MBA
In this section, we will introduce you with the explanation of above-mentioned list of most popular universities in Canada for MBA:
Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
94% of MBA graduates achieve rewarding opportunities after studying at the University of Alberta. The course is designed to prepare you both technically and with all the necessary soft skills to dominate today’s business world. Alberta School of Business is one of the best universities in Canada for MBA. ABS is known for its undergraduate and graduate programs. It offers students basic MBA courses with an internship program. The course duration here is 20 months and the cost of MBA is CAD 60,000 or Rs. 36,72,000.
Schulich School of Business, York University
Providing a 16-month program that offers professional courses, Schulich is renowned for integrating process and general management functions. Schulich will quickly transition your career into the corporate world, instilling in you a strong management and diverse skill set, helping you gain a strong international perspective. The program costs somewhere around $17,973 per semester for Canadian students and $26,722 per semester for international students. To offset their expenses, Schulich has ensured that over 89% of their students receive an offer at an average salary of $93,100 within 3 months of graduation.
Desautels Faculty of Management, Mcgill University
In addition to the full-time and combined MBA, Desautels also provides a bilingual EMBA. The faculty boasts 6 Nobel Prize winners. The university provides students with a unique experience by combining practical experience with innovative research. The university charges total annual fees of $82,500 for Canadian students and $99,500 for international students. The additional expenses will round your expenses to about $21,720.
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
The Haskayne School of Business aims to transform Canada’s business environment. The school offers 6 different types of MBA programs, including a day and evening MBA course, along with an Accelerated MBA, a combined MBA and an Executive MBA program. Students can choose from 8 different specializations and also have international opportunities. Haskayne makes sure to empower students to become leaders by offering them immersive management experiences. It charges $42,636 for international students who join in the fall or spring.
HEC Montréal, Université de Montréal
HEC Montreal empowers its students with new opportunities and skills, providing an MBA program that is a stepping stone for the future. With quality faculty and a curriculum designed to improve your knowledge and expand your networks, the university encourages its students to venture into their own businesses. The university charges $54,000 for its full-time MBA program.
Ivey Business School, London, Ontario
Founded in 1948, Ivey Business School’s 12-month MBA program is based on the Harvard Business School MBA. It is another one of the best universities in Canada for MBA. The university’s full-time MBA program is currently ranked #1 in Bloomberg for student satisfaction, making it Canada’s highest-rated business school. The university has an annual tuition fee of US$83,250 for Canadian students, while international students have to pay US$120,500.
Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
With total academic fees of CAD 127,930 for international students, the university offers the knowledge, confidence and agility you need to transform your future. Rotman offers both full-time and part-time MBA programs, as well as morning and evening shifts to facilitate students. There is also a one-year Executive MBA course that you can take. The average cost of dining at Rotman is between $8,000 and $14,000 per year.
Eligibilty criteria for studying MBA in Canada
MBA admission requirements in Canada are competitive for Indian students, especially at Tier 1 MBA colleges. The most common requirement is the completion of at least 16 years of education. Other eligibility for MBA in Canada is described below:
- Bachelor’s degree – with an average academic GPA of 3.3 (i.e., 88%)
- English language test score – IELTS score of at least 6.5
- Standardized Test Score – GMAT score with an average of 550
- Work experience – experience of at least 5 years
- SOP Requirements – Admission Essays / SOP for MBA
- Recommendation – at least 2 LORs
- Visa Credential – Canadian student visa, passport copy, bank statements
MBA in Canada Admission Requirements for Indian Students
The admission requirements for the top MBA colleges in Canada are similar in terms of academic requirements, that is, a GPA score of 3.5 or higher in a 4-year UG degree. Requirements at Canadian universities vary in the form of work experience, average GMAT score for MBA and IELTS score requirements.
In the above article, we discussed in detail about best universities in Canada for MBA. Although studying abroad is a dream for many students it is equally important for students to be aware of everything that it takes to pursue higher education in Canada.
iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child in order to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered into the industry.
Talk to our study abroad experts who have 20+ years of experience to know yourself in and out! We have helped several brilliant but confused minds with an aim to select their most-suited career choices. Hear the success story of Aayush who got an offer from top 3 universities and is now studying in University in Ottawa in Canada after getting career guidance from our industry experts!
- The Best Universities in ‘Canada – The Land of Maple’
- A Guide to universities in Canada
- Our study abroad knowledge hub
- How to reach colleges abroad?
- Scholarships for Indian Students in Canada
- EduCanada – Info on International scholarship opportunities for non-Canadians
- Waiting to be a Scholarship Awardee?
- Top 50 Scholarships for Indian Students
- Top Scholarships for Class 10 Student
- MBA in Canada
- Study in Canada
- Engineering Colleges in Canada
- Best Universities in Canada
- Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students
Canada has one of the strongest economies in the world. Studying a Master of Business Administration at top universities in Canada is still the dream of many international students. Canadian universities provide both full-time and part-time MBA programs in a variety of specializations with a range of scholarship opportunities
Studying in Canada costs anywhere from CAD 30,000 to CAD 90,000 depending on the university and specialization you choose.
Canada offers three pickups, i.e., fall (September), summer (May) and winter (January).
The duration of the Full-time MBA course in Canada is 2 years. Some universities offer accelerated MBA programs that are completed in 18 months. B-schools like Ivy Business School also run one-year MBA programs. Students get a work visa for one year after graduation. Check out the list of institutions offering one-year MBA programs in Canada.
No GMAT is mandatory for MBA in Canada. This norm was relaxed after the outbreak of COVID. But the score opens up options for candidates. Most of the B-Schools have no minimum score requirement but the average score can be found from the class profile of the respective school.
Anushree has 6+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.