Candidate MBA programs has become popular in recent times, making Canada one of the top three countries for MBAs. Studying MBA in Canada opens the way to working with leading global companies while living in diverse, multicultural cities around the world. More than that? It offers the same opportunities that countries like the US and the UK provide at a much lower cost, making it a more affordable option for aspiring applicants. Read on to learn more about the best MBA colleges in Canada.
An MBA in Canada is a 1–2-year degree program that offers a good return on investment. There are Canadian universities with accelerated MBA programs that can last less than a year. MBA in Canada can be obtained in several cities such as Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, and others. Also, with the current uncertainty surrounding the H1-B visa program in the US, Canada has quickly become a promising destination for international students. Moreover, according to the survey, an MBA in Canada has become one of the best places to study in 2023.
Let’s get started…
What all is covered in this post?
To make it easier, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about top MBA colleges in Canada.
List of popular MBA colleges in Canada
MBA in Canada is available at 47 colleges and universities. 6 MBA colleges in Canada are among the top 100 in the QS Global MBA Ranking (2023). The average fee for an MBA in Canada ranges from CAD 30,000-40,000 per year. But thanks to part-time scholarships, you can reduce the total cost of studying for an MBA in Canada by CAD 10,000.
MBA applications begin in September at most Canadian colleges. Each college accepts applications in several rounds, with the final round in March. To get higher education in MBA colleges in Canada, a foreign student needs a GMAT score of 650-720 with an average work experience of 3 years. Still wondering why MBA in Canada is the best option for you? Obviously, because you will get exposure to the business world on a global stage.
Here’s the list of best MBA colleges in Canada along with details on fees for Indian students that have produced some of the most influential people in business –
|Top MBA Colleges in Canada||Fees|
|Brock University||Rs. 40,97,574|
|Concordia University||Rs. 16,34,606|
|Dalhousie University||Rs. 11,90,030|
|McGill University||Rs. 59,44,130|
|McMaster University||Rs. 21,82,939|
|Queen’s University||Rs. 60,99,454|
|Saint Mary’s University||Rs. 27,24,719|
|Simon Fraser University||Rs. 36,73,519|
|University of Alberta||Rs. 16,89,507|
|University of British Columbia||Rs. 53,79,945|
|University of Montreal||Rs. 17,94,780|
|University of Toronto||Rs. 39,55,385|
|University of Victoria||Rs. 27,40,913|
|Western University||Rs. 59,70,296|
|York University||Rs. 16,76,125|
About popular MBA colleges in Canada
In this section, we will introduce you to the explanation of the above-mentioned list of best MBA colleges in Canada:
The MBA degree offered by Brock University in Canada is a two-year, full-time program at the Goodman School of Business. Brock University is one of the top MBA colleges in Canada that offers degrees that equip people with the academic knowledge and real-world experience to make a difference.
- Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- Popular Specialization: Accounting (CPA accredited), Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, etc.
- Placement rate- 95%
- Eligibility Criteria: 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and minimum class required B or 75% (based on the last two years of undergraduate studies)
The Master of Business Administration at Concordia University is offered as a 2-year program (minimum). Offered through the John Molson School of Business, one of the best MBA colleges in Canada accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Location: Montreal
- Popular Specialization: Accounting, Digital Marketing, Finance, Health Care Management, Project Management, etc.
- Placement rate – 92%
- Eligibility Criteria: A bachelor’s degree in any business discipline from a recognized university and a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.3 is required.
Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Management offers the Corporate Residency MBA Program, Canada’s only Corporate Residency MBA, which provides opportunities for accelerated career growth in the student’s chosen field.
- Location: Halifax
- Popular Specialization: Business & Government, International Business, Marketing, etc.
- Placement rate: 89%
- Eligibility Criteria: 4-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized Dalhousie University and grade point average of B (or 3.0) or higher for the past two years (20 credits).
McGill University is one of the best MBA colleges in Canada. The MBA at McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management is considered one of the world’s most renowned international and dynamic MBA programs.
- Location: Montreal
- Popular Specialization: Finance, Marketing, Global Leadership and Business Analytics, etc.
- Placement rate: 91%
- Eligibility Criteria: an honors degree in a business administration program or a degree in another discipline, like any business program, may also be eligible for admission; A GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0 is required to apply to this Master of Business Administration program at McGill University.
McMaster University’s DeGroote School of Business offers a 20-month full-time MBA program with an optional co-op (28 months) that helps students gain valuable hands-on business experience, case studies, and group projects with real organizations.
- Location: Hamilton
- Popular Specialization: General MBA, Accounting and Financial Management Services, Business Analytics, Finance, Health Services Management, Marketing, etc.
- Placement rate: 93.9%
- Eligibility Criteria: UG Degree in Marketing, Finance, Arts, Science, Public Administration, Education, Manufacturing, etc.; a competitive GPA in the last 2 years of undergraduate studies; and a B average (73-76%, or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in the last 2 years to be competitive.
In the above article, we discussed in detail about best MBA colleges in Canada. Although studying abroad is a dream for many students it is equally essential for students to be aware of everything that it takes to pursue higher education in Canada.
iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child in order to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered to the industry.
Talk to our study abroad experts who have 20+ years of experience to know yourself in and out! We have helped several brilliant but confused minds with the aim to select their most-suited career choices. Hear the success story of Aayush who got an offer from the top 3 universities and is now studying at a University in Ottawa in Canada after getting career guidance from our industry experts!
- The Best Universities in ‘Canada – The Land of Maple’
- A Guide to universities in Canada
- Our study abroad knowledge hub
- How to reach colleges abroad?
- Scholarships for Indian Students in Canada
- EduCanada – Info on International scholarship opportunities for non-Canadians
- MBA in Canada
- Study in Canada
- Engineering Colleges in Canada
- Best Universities in Canada
- Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students
To get an MBA in Canada, the average tuition fee ranges from $30,000 to $40,000 per year, which is considered more affordable than in other study-abroad countries. It usually takes about two years to complete an MBA.
The highest-paying MBA specializations include finance, operations, information technology, and human resources (HR). It is important to note that the average salary after an MBA in Canada depends on the university and the student’s program.
Some of the popular MBA specializations in Canada are General Management, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Operations Management, Hospitality, etc.
You will need to submit an application along with documents and appear for an interview to gain admission to Canada. For this, you need to check when the annual recruitment for your chosen university starts.
Anushree has 6+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.