Canada has always been one of the prominent choices among Indian students to study abroad. Being one of the world’s most scenic and attractive countries, Canada proudly maintains a quiet but substantial role in the academic sector by consistently placing its universities in the top ranks worldwide. International students are registering themselves to study in Canada at an increasing rate each year. There are several best courses in Canada for Indian and other international students, luring them to the country to further their education.
Do You Know?
More than one-third of the population in Canada is of Indian origin.
Canada is regarded as one of the greatest possibilities for students wishing to apply overseas because of its top-notch facilities and high-quality education. The majority of public money goes toward the Canadian educational system. Students from India who are interested in studying abroad usually prefer Canada. This is due to a variety of factors, including exceptional exposure and top-notch education. This blog post offers you a thorough overview of the top Indian students’ courses in Canada!
What all is covered in this post?
For a new experience and a better understanding of the best courses in Canada, we have developed a complete guide to help you know everything related to it.
Overview of Popular Courses in Canada
Indian students may select from a variety of courses regarded as the best in Canada for further education after completing their 12th grade with a recognized board. Undergraduate courses typically last three years. Depending on the university, an undergraduate diploma typically takes six months to a year to complete. The Canadian education system is highly student-friendly.
A list of the top 10 popular courses in Canada has been listed below.
- Hospitality Management
- Master in Business Administration
- Information & Technology
- Business Development
- Pharmacy Technician
- Health, Biosciences, and Pharmacy
- Media and Journalism
About the top courses in Canada
So, the above-given list must be tempting, isn’t it? You must have been overwhelmed by seeing the list of trendy courses in Canada. These courses will help you stay in demand and earn you a better lifestyle post their completion. Let’s now have a look at some of the best courses in Canada in detail.
Master in Business Administration
The top course in Canada is thought to be an MBA. This degree is among the most sought-after because of its global work experience and the likelihood of landing a respectable career. With an MBA, you may access a wider range of professional options, learn new skills and expertise, and have a comprehensive understanding of the business world. Masters in Canada is always a viable option for students.
Popular MBA Specializations
|International Business||Financial Leadership|
Cost and Duration
Course fees and duration of studying an MBA in Canada for international students are:
- The average cost of an MBA program in Canada ranges from CAD 35,000 to CAD 140,000 annually.
- International students should expect their MBA program in Canada to last between 12 to 24 months.
One of the top courses in Canada is said to be information technology. In Canada as well as the rest of the globe, demand for IT workers is consistently strong. In 2018, software engineers and IT project managers ranked among the top 10 most in-demand professions in Canada.
Popular Job Prospects
|Information System Analysts and Consultants||Web Designers and Developers|
|Software Engineers and Designers||Computer Programmers and Media Developers|
|Database Analysts and Data Administrators||Cyber Security professionals|
Cost and Duration
Course fees and duration of studying Information Technology courses in Canada are:
- Depending on the curriculum, studying IT courses in Canada can cost international students anywhere from CAD 20,000 to 60,000 annually.
- While graduate IT programs, such as a Master’s degree in IT, normally take one to two years to complete, undergraduate IT courses typically take four years to finish.
Next on our list of the top courses in Canada is engineering. In Canada, throughout the previous several years, the number of employees in this specific industry has only increased. The employment opportunities for engineering graduates are countless. Engineering graduates who know how to use AutoCAD, CATIA, or other widely used CAD software are those that profit the most.
Check out the best Engineering Colleges in Canada!
|Mechanical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering||Engineering Management|
Cost and Duration
Course fees and duration of pursuing Engineering courses in Canada for international students are:
- Depending on the curriculum, taking engineering studies in Canada can cost overseas students anywhere from CAD 20,000 to CAD 60,000 annually.
- While graduate engineering degrees, such as a Master’s degree in engineering, normally take one to two years to complete, undergraduate engineering programs typically last four years.
Biosciences, Medicine, and Healthcare
Every country recognizes the significance of medicine, biological sciences, biotechnology, and pharmacy. It is thought to be Canada’s top course. This area in particular is vast, multidisciplinary, and fascinating. Since the subject is research-focused, a Ph.D. is required to practice it.
In-demand Job Categories
Cost and Duration
Course fees and duration of pursuing Biosciences, Medicine, and Healthcare courses in Canada are:
- Depending on the curriculum, the typical cost for overseas students to study biosciences, medicine, and healthcare in Canada can range from CAD 50,000 to 90,000 annually.
- Graduate programs, such as a Master’s degree in a comparable discipline, normally take one to two years to finish, but undergraduate degrees in these fields usually take four years to complete. Professional training programs, like dentistry or medical school, might last up to seven years.
Students who are interested in a profession in law frequently choose to pursue a law degree in Canada. Undergraduate, graduate and professional legal degrees are all offered by Canadian law schools.
Types of Law
|Criminal Law||Constitutional Law|
|Contract Law||Property Law|
|Tort law||Family Law|
|Environmental Law||Immigration Law|
Cost and Duration
Course fees and duration of pursuing Law courses in Canada for international students are:
- Depending on the curriculum, the typical cost for overseas students to pursue a law degree in Canada might range from CAD 20,000 to 50,000 annually.
- In Canada, undergraduate law studies normally last three years to finish, while graduate programs last one to two years.
Check out our latest blog regarding Intakes in Canada.
The eligibility requirements for studying Information Technology in Canada for international students are:
- Education requirements: The majority of Canadian institutions demand that international students hold a bachelor’s degree in a related subject, including computer science, engineering, or mathematics.
- English language competency: The majority of Canadian colleges require overseas students to prove their English language ability by taking a standardized exam like the TOEFL or IELTS.
- Financial support: International students must show they have the means to pay their tuition, fees, and living expenses while studying in Canada.
- Study permit: In order to study in Canada, foreign students require a study permit. To receive a study permit, you will have to present documentation that you have been accepted into a program of study, evidence of financial assistance, and other pertinent papers.
- Health insurance: For the course of their studies, overseas students are required by the majority of Canadian institutions to carry health insurance. While some institutions include health insurance as one of their student benefits, others could insist that students buy their own insurance.
- Work Experience: Some institutions in Canada may require a work experience of two to four years.
Job prospects in Canada for international students
Your degree of education, subject of study, language ability, and experience can all have an effect on your career chances as an international student in Canada. However, Canada is seen as a friendly society with a robust economy, making it a desirable location for international students searching for employment after graduation.
Technology, healthcare, finance, and natural resources are a few of the sectors in Canada that are seeing rapid job development. Engineering, computer science, mathematics, and business are among the academic disciplines with the best employment prospects.
Canada is a center for top-notch education and provides a wide selection of courses to meet the requirements and interests of every student. The alternatives are endless, ranging from prestigious universities like the University of Toronto and McGill University to colleges that specialize in certain subjects like BCIT for Technology and Humber for Business. Canada offers something to offer for anybody interested in a profession in the arts, sciences, or technology. Canada is the perfect place for students wishing to advance their education because of its welcoming and varied atmosphere, high standard of living, and world-class educational system.
Still unsure of yourself? Why not speak with one of our knowledgeable advisors at iDreamCareer?
In order to make sure that talent is properly given to the industry, iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child. To fully understand yourself, speak with our study abroad consultants, who have over 20 years of expertise. Aayush, Tapan, and other intelligent but perplexed individuals were assisted by us in making the best professional decisions.
- Pursue MBBS in Canada for Indian Students
- Education Loan for Canada
- Know why to study in Canada?
- Top University in Canada
- Ultimate Guide on SOP for Canada
- MBA Courses in Canada
- Masters in Data Science in Canada
- Scholarships for Indian Students in Canada
Best Courses in Canada: FAQs
Electronics Engineering Technician, Mechanical Engineering Technology-Design (Fast-Track), Big Data Analytics, Architectural Technician, and Business Analytics are some of the best in-demand courses in Canada.
MBA is considered to be the best course in Canada. International work experience and chances of a decent job make this degree one of the most sought-after.
Some of the high-in-demand courses in Canada are Project Management – IT, Computer Programmer, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, IT Solutions, and Graphic Design.
Healthcare workers are in demand in Canada, as it has vacancies for doctors, nurses, and paramedical workers. Canada continues to invite immigrants to fill vacancies in this industry.
Candidates skilled in data analysis, content development, SEO, search engine marketing (SEM), communication, social media management, basic design, and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms like Salesforce are in high demand for most companies.
Sushant has been writing since his early days of childhood and currently, he’s serving as a Content Writer with iDreamCareer. Sushant has two start-ups of his own and he has been writing content for them since their inception. Apart from that he is passionate about writing which is why he is following his passion for writing with iDreamCareer.