Looking for studying in UK but worried about the visa application procedures? Need info about UK student visa procedure?
Do you know that one of the most exciting things about the UK education system is that it allows international students to mix and match courses and specializations from different fields? The amount of information may be huge at first, but by organizing everything, you will be able to deal with the whole process easily.
To make it easier for you, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about UK student visa procedure.
Continue reading this post!
Types of UK student visa
Here is a summary of the types of study visas and their application requirements:
- Short-term study visa
Visa Duration: 6 months 11 months
Eligibility Requirements to apply: If you are taking a short-term duration course in UK, you can apply for a short-term study visa. If you are 18 years or older and wish to go to UK for 6 months to study a short course, up to 11 months to study a short-term course or want to undertake research of up to 6 months as part of the course, this visa will allow you to do so.
- Tier 4 student visa (General)
Visa Duration: Duration of the program + 1 month
Eligibility Requirements to apply: If you are 16 years or older and have been offered a place in the course, you can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.
- Tier 4 student visa (child)
Visa Duration: For under 16: 6years + 4 months; for16-17yrs: 3 years + 4 months
Eligibility Requirements to apply: If you are between the age of 4 and 17 and wish to study in UK, you can apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa. If you are between the ages of 4 and 15, you must visit the UK to attend a fee-paying private school.
What is the UK visa fee?
What documents are required from India?
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
What is the visa processing time?
The UK student visa processing period is approximately 3 weeks, considering working days are 5 days a week. However, if you wish to obtain a UK student visa in an emergency, you can contact for the same at the application center. There are two services available to get your visa in advance.
For getting the UK student visa processed:
- Within 24 hours, you need to pay 800 GBP in addition to the visa fee.
- Within 5 days, you need to pay 500 GBP in addition to the visa fee.
What are the UK student visa eligibility requirements for India students?
- You must have an unconditional offer/ seat from a reputable educational institution with a Tier 4 licensed sponsor.
- You must have a valid proof to show that you can speak, read, write, and understand English, you must be fluent in the language.
- Financial proof, that is, a document that shows you have enough money to take care of yourself and pay for your study.
- To obtain a temporary study visa, you must indicate your intention to leave UK within 30 days after completing your studies (that is, before the expiry date of your UK visa)
There you go! You have the lists you wanted. Do you want to make a career decision now? Not settled yet? In case, you feel indecisive or confused, do dial us up.
At iDreamCareer with the help of our Career Counselling and Guidance Services and educational counselor, we try to help young confused minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select their most-suited career choices.
- General Policy Guidelines Relating to Indian Visa
- Study in the UK on a Student visa
- Student’s visa to the UnitedKingdom
- All You Need to Know: Higher Education in UK
- Study in UK without IELTS: Your Foolproof Guide
- MBBS in UK
- MBA in Australia: An Ultimate Guide to Make You Succeed
- Picking out the Top Engineering Entrance Exams – India
- MBBS in Philippines: A Comprehensive Guide
- LLM in UK: A Guide to Settle in England
- Best Engineering Colleges in Canada
- Best College for Commerce in India
- Best Computer Courses for Your Bright Future
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
March 27, 202050 Comments|
March 27, 202026 Comments|
March 30, 20208 Comments|
March 30, 202012 Comments|
March 27, 202065 Comments|
Anushree has 5+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.