Annyeong haseyo! Dreaming of studying in South Korea? Are you yet to figure out how study in South Korea for Indian Students looks alike? Or have you already begun your preparations? Whichever it is, this post welcomes you to take a ride across. See you on the other side!
This curated guide shall take you through the many depths that you definitely need to be familiar with before you start gearing up for your next fight towards pursuing higher education in South Korea.
But before that, you should know everything about studying in South Korea for Indian students:
Highlights about Study in South Korea for Indian Students
Why study at Korean universities?
South Korea is a dynamic country that can offer study-abroad students rich cultural adventures, strong academics, and resume-building experiences. South Korea is a popular destination for international students, whether you’re pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or want the opportunity to practice your Korean language skills.
Below, we highlight the reasons why South Korea is a great destination for study-abroad students.
Top programs to study in South Korea
South Korea is famous for its openness to technology, entertainment, and the media. It is a place where you can create and offer new and innovative ideas to the world. But it is also a place with a long, interesting, and complex political history, which makes it an ideal destination for social scientists and historians.
Following are the programs to study in South Korea for Indian students:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Environmental and Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Arts and Literature courses
- Language degrees
15 best universities in South Korea
South Korea is home to world-renowned institutions of higher learning and attracts countless international students from around the world. Here are some of the top universities in South Korea for Indian students:
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon
- Seoul National University, Seoul
- Chonbuk National University, Jeonju
- Korea University, Seoul
- Yonsei University, Seoul
- Dongguk University, Seoul
- Hanyang University, Seoul
- Kyung Hee University, Seoul
- Pusan University, Busan
- Sogang University, Seoul
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang
- Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul
- Gyeongju University, Gyeongju
- Konkuk University, Seoul
- Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu
9 scholarships for Indian students
In this section, We will introduce you to the list of top scholarships for Indian Students wondering to study in South Korea.
- The Undergraduate Korean Government Scholarship
- GIST Scholarship
- UST Scholarships
- Yonsei University Scholarship for Undergraduate Program
- Korea University Scholarship for Graduate and Undergraduate Program
- Global Korea Scholarship
- Korean Government Scholarship Program
- GKS for ASEAN Nations
- Seoul National University Scholarship for Graduates and Undergraduates
Note: For more details refer to this page.
Intakes in Korean universities for international students
Like other prominent nations, South Korea also has a 2-semester system. If you are thinking of studying in South Korea and want to know the difference between the 2 semesters, read the following points:
- Commencement of Academic Year – March.
- However, some colleges also offer admission in the month of September.
- For the academic year starting from March, applications are invited between the month of September and November.
- While for the academic year starting from September, applications are invited between the month of May and June.
Eligibility criteria to Study in South Korea for Indian students
After high school or graduation, as an Indian Student to study in South Korea; you need the following eligibility criteria:
Some of the most common documents requested for an application are as follows:
- Complete an application to a Korean university.
- Recommendation letter
- Photocopy of passport
- Verifying your identity
- Proof of language proficiency in English or Korean (depending on the method of study)
- Academic certificate of previous educational institution
- CV/resume statement of purpose
- Certificate of work experience
- Work portfolio
Visa for studying in South Korea
A Student visa (D-2), is a must before traveling to South Korea and can be obtained from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in India, New Delhi; or Consulate of the Republic of Korea in India, Mumbai; or the Consulate of the Republic of Korea in India, Chennai.
Student visa procedure
The procedure for obtaining a student visa
1. Apply through the embassy or consulate because the country does not offer a visa on arrival.
2. You must first send the completed application form, education certificate, leaving certificate (from your previous school), copy of student code of conduct, copy of passport, and language certificate to the Korean University Admission Center (KUAC).
3. KUAC will review your documentation to determine if your identity is valid and appropriate for your program of study.
4. After a positive assessment of the conversation, determine whether your profile is accurate.
5. You will be issued a KUAC invoice and offer letter.
6. Prepare supporting documents such as a letter of intent, study plan, proof of financial aid or sponsorship, proof of parental relationship, 6 months bank statement, and medical examination report.
7. Pay the fee and submit all necessary documentation to the Korea University Admissions Office.
8. The institution or college will send you an official acceptance letter. When you receive an official acceptance letter, you can apply for a visa.
9. You can apply for a visa at the South Korean Embassy in your country once you receive your acceptance letter.
Now that you know everything about studying in South Korea! Do you know, South Korea is famous for studying MBBS? Want to know why? Here you go…
MBBS In South Korea For Indian Students
MBBS in South Korea for Indian Students is a great place for students from all over the world. It is one of the countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), which has the world’s highest educated workforce among other countries. This makes “South Korea” known as “Education Fever”.
The first thing to look out for is the affordability that South Korean universities offer. MBBS in South Korea for Indian students offers high-quality education with well-equipped state-of-the-art technology.
There are faculties with many years of experience in teaching students with an appropriate teacher-student ratio. This forces students to learn advanced techniques and update their medical subjects.
The duration of the MBBS program in South Korea for Indian students is about 6 years. The duration is distributed in such a way as to provide higher education in the first 2 years followed by pre-clinical studies in the 3rd and 4th years, and the last 2 years are for practical training called clinical studies. Indian Students get good clinical and non-clinical exposure when they do MBBS in South Korea.
It’s a wrap!
Hope we have cleared all your doubts about studying in South Korea. If you are still not sure or are looking for overseas education consultants, iDreamCareer can help. With the help of our Career Counselling and Guidance Services and educational counselors, we try to help puzzled minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select suitable career choices.
Pages you’d need:
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea in India, New Delhi
- Consulate of the Republic of Korea in India, Mumbai
- Consulate of the Republic of Korea in India, Chennai
- How to get scholarship to study abroad?
- Study Abroad Consultants: Where to find them?
Anushree has 5 years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Senior Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for the Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.