Pursuing higher education is essential for achieving all of the dreams. There are many students who wish to study at their dream colleges but are bound by finances. Post matric scholarship (PMS) is an effective way to deal with financial problems and get a good education.
Thinking of applying for PMS? Come along, let’s tell you what it is and how you can go about your application.
What is a post matric scholarship?
It is an initiative for supporting the education of students who wants to study at the post-secondary or post-matriculation level. It is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India for the students of SC, ST, Economically Backward Classes (EBC), Minority Community, and OBC category.
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) has invited online applications from minority community students to provide financial assistance under this program.
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
Post matric scholarship important dates
- Application starts in July
- Last date to submit the application – October
- Last date for institute verification – November
- Last date for defective verification – November
Post matric scholarship amount
Scholarships will be awarded throughout the academic year. Maintenance allowance will be awarded as a fixed amount during the academic year.
Check the following points to complete the online Post Matric Scholarship application form.
Note: For more details refer to this link.
Before applying for a Post Matric Scholarship, you need to qualify for certain requirements in order to be considered eligible by a particular organization or institution. Listed below are the major qualifications you need to keep in mind:
- The first important condition is that the Scholarship applies only to Indian citizens.
- This scholarship scheme is for the minority community. Candidates of minority communities, namely, Muslims, Jains, Sikhs, Persians, Buddhists, are eligible to apply.
- Those who have obtained 50% in the previous year exams are eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
- The annual family income cannot exceed Rs 2.5 lakhs.
- You need to have a national bank account.
- You must have the following documents with you – Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Income Certificate, Age Proof, Identity Proof, Mobile Number, Passport Size Photograph, and Caste Certificate.
Did you get the necessary details about the post matric scholarship? The application is a long and complicated process but once you understand, it will be quick. Do not make mistakes before clicking the Verify & Lock option because bank details are the most important thing in the process.
We hope that taking a career decision now may have become slightly easy for you! If you still feel the need to take a second round of brainstorming about what career pathway could be the right one for you, then why waste any more time? Pick up your phone and talk to iDreamCareer experts!
- National Scholarship Portal
- Waiting to be a Scholarship Awardee?
- Top 50+ Scholarships for Indian Students: A Comprehensive Guide (2020)
- Dubious Scholarships – are you being misled?
- NTSE Exam: Flaunt your NTSE Scholarship
- OASIS Scholarship: Your Full-on Details Manual
- Top Scholarships for Every Class 10 Student
Yes, post matric scholarship is available for various states like Assam, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, etc.
Yes, 30% of post matric scholarship is reserved for girl candidates. However, if there is no girl candidate available, then a boy candidate can get the award.
Students of Class 11th & 12th, UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D. or Diploma are eligible to apply.
- Picking out the Top Engineering Entrance Exams – India
- MBBS in Philippines: A Comprehensive Guide
- LLM in UK: A Guide to Settle in England
- Best Engineering Colleges in Canada
- Best College for Commerce in India
- Best Computer Courses for Your Bright Future
Get Free Career Dashboard Access
March 27, 202050 Comments|
March 27, 202026 Comments|
March 30, 20208 Comments|
March 30, 202012 Comments|
March 27, 202065 Comments|
Anushree has 5+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.