With the recent alarming rise in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation to 5.59% in the country, this may be an interesting time to find out the highest salary jobs in India.
Wondering which ones?
Trying to figure out what career choice will ensure future-proof skills that will help you land these highest salary jobs in a changing world of work?
We all go through school and college to achieve the dreams of our life, to earn & satisfy all our material needs. At the same time, our careers & occupations must also leave us with extra disposable savings so that after retirement, we can enjoy the remaining years without worrying about financial security.
Through this article, we will try to explore some of the top highest salary jobs in India.
5 Steps Towards A High Paying Role
List of highest paid salary jobs in India
|Career||Qualification||Per Month Salary|
|Commercial Pilot||Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics 200 hours of flying + 40 hours of simulator training; CPL by DGCA or BE/B.Tech Aviation/ Aeronautics; 200 hours of flying + 40 hours of simulator training; CPL by DGCA||Rs. 1 lac – 1.5 lacs|
|Medical Professionals (after MD, salary varies with specialty)||Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology – Entrance exam – MBBS – MD/M. Sc in Medicine – Ph.D.||Rs. 1 lac – 2 lacs|
|Machine Learning Experts||Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics – UG in Data Science: Machine Learning – PG||Rs. 70,000 – Rs. 1.5 lacs|
|Chartered Accountants||Class 12th with any subjects – register yourself with the ICAI and clear 3 stages of CA (CPT, IPCC, Final)||Rs. 80,000 – 3 lacs|
|Merchant Navy Officer||Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics – B.Sc. Nautical Science/ BE/ B.Tech. Marine Engineering; Entrance Exam- IMU CET||Rs. 1.5 lac – 2.5 lacs|
|Investment Banker||Class 12th with any subjects – MBA Finance/ Financial Management/ Finance & Accounting/ CFA certification||Rs. 90,000 – 2 lacs|
|Business Analyst||Class 12th with Maths/ Statistics/ Economics/ Computer Sciences – PG/ Certification in Business Analytics/ Data Analytics||Rs. 70,000 – 1 lac|
|Corporate Lawyer||Class 12th with any subjects – 5-year BA LLB/3-year LLB with specialization in Corporate Law – Bar Council of India license||Rs. 75,000 – 2 lacs|
|Blockchain Developer||Class 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics – B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Technology – coding experience in popular languages such as Java, JavaScipt, C#, C++, and Python.||Rs. 75,000 – 1.5 lacs|
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Top 25 highest salary jobs in the world
The following is not a sequential list. It’s just a mix.
- Anaesthesiologist / Nurse Anesthetists
- Psychiatrists/ Mental Health Experts
- Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists
- Pharmaceutical Scientists / Drugs Research Scientists
- Software Engineers / Computer & Information Research Scientists
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Judges / Lawyers
- Financial Analyst / Actuaries / Financial Mathematician
- Information Security Analyst
- Translators or Interpreters/ Linguists
- Commercial Pilots, Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Sports Medicine Physicians
- Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engineer
- Data Analysts/Data Scientists/Database Administrators
- Investment Bankers
- Financial Advisors
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Management Analysts
- Sociologists, Social Scientists and Related Workers
- Petroleum Engineers
Which engineering job pays the highest salary?
These are expected entry-level median salaries in India. Figures are indicative only. Obviously, if you are graduating from a premier institute, you may get even higher in some cases depending on your competencies and the recruiting company.
- Computer Science engineering – Rs. 2.4 lakh to 10 lakhs
- Mechanical engineering – Rs. 1.8 lakhs to 5 lakhs
- Civil engineering – Rs. 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs
- Electronic and Communication engineering – Rs. 1.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs
- Electrical engineering – Rs. 1.8 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs
- Petroleum engineering – Rs. 3 lakhs to 7 lakhs
- Industrial engineering – Rs. 3 lakhs to 4 lakhs
- Automobile engineering – Rs. 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs
- Textile engineering – Rs. 1.5 lakhs to 3 lakhs
- Agricultural engineering – Rs. 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs
- Metallurgical engineering – Rs. 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs
- Aerospace engineering – Rs. 6 lakhs to 8 lakhs
Note: For a detailed list of careers refer to the link.
What are the highest salary jobs for commerce students?
What is the highest salary of an MBA graduate in India?
MBA graduates are in high demand in various sectors. They are preferred because of the specific managerial & strategic skills that they develop throughout an MBA program.
MBA graduates in India are offered the top-notch salaries and the best lucrative jobs but this all mainly depends on their field of expertise, experience, and qualifications.
Following are some of the roles offered to MBA graduates along with the expected per annum salary:
- Financial analyst – Rs. 4-10 lacs
- Human Resource Manager – Rs. 3-6 lacs
- Business Analyst – Rs. 5-12 lacs
- SAP Consultant – Rs. 2-7 lacs
- Business Development Manager – Rs. 5-12 lacs
- Project Manager – Rs. 8-15 lacs
- Marketing Manager – Rs. 6-15 lacs
We know that job markets are constantly changing but it is always important to know which fields are in demand and can help you get a high salary. Through this article, we have covered some of the highest paid jobs in India and in the world.
If you still have some doubts, we are just a call away. You can talk to our industry experts. iDreamCareer is always ready to help young minds like you from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select their most-suited career choices.
Pages you’d need:
- Top Highest Paying Jobs in the World (State of Minnesota, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration)
- India 2021 #Insidelook
- Jobs War: What Are the Highest Paying Jobs and Trending Careers In India?
- GICS Structure (PDF)
- Michael Page India Salary Guide (PDF download link)
- Salary comparison tool
- Pursue MBBS in Canada for Indian Students: Discover the Potential It Holds
- SAT Exam Eligibility: Check Out the Details You Need
- Latest Update on JEE 2023 For Admissions To IITS: Check Who All Aren’t Required
- Masters in Computer Science in Canada: All About Universities, Course Fees, and Much More
- Masters in Finance in Canada: Your Pocket Manual Guide
- Masters in Canada: Unlock the Potential Career Opportunities It Holds
Anushree has 4+ years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.