Wondering what is DASA and what is the purpose of the DASA exam. Okay, so you are on the right page! The Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) is a prestigious scheme introduced by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, facilitating educational opportunities for foreign nationals and Indian students studying abroad. This scheme opens doors to top-ranked Indian institutes, both for undergraduate and postgraduate programs, via a streamlined application process.
Undergraduate admissions through DASA are determined by a candidate’s rank in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2022. This examination is a highly competitive assessment that evaluates candidates’ knowledge and skills in various subjects. Securing a strong rank in JEE Main is essential for aspiring students seeking admission to esteemed Indian institutions.
On the other hand, postgraduate admissions under the DASA scheme are influenced by candidates’ scores in the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). These standardized tests assess candidates’ aptitude and readiness for advanced studies in management and various other disciplines.
DASA extends its reach to a diverse group of applicants, including Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), and foreign nationals. This inclusivity promotes cultural exchange and academic diversity within Indian institutions.
Aspiring students seeking world-class education in India can explore the DASA scheme, a gateway to the nation’s top-ranked educational institutions, and fulfill their academic aspirations on an international platform. The application process for DASA 2022-23 is conveniently accessible through the official website at dasanit.org, offering a seamless pathway to academic excellence.
Latest Update & Changes
The Ministry of Education in India announced the Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) Scheme for the year 2022-23. The embassy announced the following changes:
- Under DASA, 15% of seats in NITs, IIITs, and centrally funded technical institutions are reserved for international students.
- Admissions for undergraduates will be based on ranks in the JEE-Main exam conducted by NTA.
- The application fee for undergraduates is $300, and the tuition fee is $8,000, but children of Indian workers in the Gulf can pay Rs. 1,25,000 per year.
- Nationals of SAARC countries get a 50% tuition fee waiver if they pass the JEE-Main exam in their respective countries.
- Postgraduate programs are open to foreign nationals, PIOs, and OCIs who completed an equivalent undergraduate program.
- GRE scores of 300 (Verbal + Quantitative) are required for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des., and GMAT scores of 480 are needed for MBA programs.
- Indian nationals with at least two years of education abroad and valid JEE-Main scores can apply.
- DASA allows foreign nationals, PIOs, OCIs, and NRIs to pursue technical education in India, excluding IITs.
Now, let’s talk about the…
DASA exam eligibility
DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) offers admission to foreign nationals and Indian students living abroad in various undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs. To ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria, it’s essential to understand the requirements for each category.
UG Program Eligibility
- Candidates born on or after October 01, 1998, are eligible.
- Date of birth proof from an official document is mandatory.
- NRI, PIOs, and OCIs from any country, including India, who meet the prescribed criteria are eligible.
- Completion of 10+2 or equivalent from a board recognized by AIU.
- Compulsory subjects in 11th or 12th: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, or Biotechnology.
- A valid JEE (Main) rank is required.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
PG Program Eligibility
- No age restrictions for PG programs.
- Candidates must be NRI, PIO, or OCI.
- Completion of the UG program in any country, including India, is required.
- For M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des.: Completion of a 4/5-year UG course in Engineering/ technology or equivalent in the relevant discipline.
- For MBA: Possession of an appropriate UG degree from a recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA.
- M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des.: A minimum GRE Revised General Test Score of 300 (Verbal + Quantitative).
- MBA: A minimum GMAT test score of 480.
These eligibility criteria are essential for candidates aspiring to apply for the DASA exam and secure admission into UG and PG programs.
DASA exam registration process
The DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) is a gateway for foreign nationals and Indian students living abroad to secure admission to premier engineering institutions in India. The registration process for DASA is straightforward and involves several steps.
Visit the Official DASA Website
- Access the official DASA website at www.dasanit.org to begin the registration process.
- Provide the required details to create your account.
- Upon successful account creation, a confirmation email containing a registration completion link will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the provided link and enter your Applicant ID and password to activate your account, completing the registration.
Login and Application Form
- Log in to the official website using your newly created credentials.
- Fill out the necessary information in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of your passport, proof of date of birth, Class 10, 11, and 12th mark sheets, and certificates.
- Include the percentage/equivalent grade or CGPA provided by the exam authorities.
- NRI applicants should provide proof of 2 years of education in a foreign country and, for PG programs, proof of residential eligibility.
- Upload your JEE Main, GRE, or GMAT scorecard, as applicable.
CIWG Quota Applicants
- If applying under the CIWG quota, submit copies of a parent’s passport, visa with validity, and work permit.
- Include a certificate from the parent’s company/organization as proof of employment in a Gulf country.
- Pay the requisite registration fees and the first-semester tuition fee through SWIFT, E-Payment, NEFT, or RTGS transfer.
|Admission Category||Registration Fee (Non-refundable)||Tuition Fee (First semester)||The total amount to be paid with the application form|
|Category of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG) for UG courses only||US $ 300||US $ 762||US $ 1062|
|Non-SAARC countries||US $ 300||US $ 4000||US $ 4300|
|SAARC countries||US $ 300||US $ 2000||US $ 2300|
- Submit the completed application form.
- Download the form for future reference.
The DASA exam registration process is a crucial step in securing admission to prestigious Indian engineering institutions for foreign nationals and NRI students. Ensure all documents and fees are submitted accurately to complete the process successfully.
DASA – Important dates
For candidates aspiring to secure admission in BTech/BArch programs through DASA/CIWG, it is crucial to stay informed about the important dates for DASA UG 2023.
|Choice refilling||August 5 to 6, 2023|
|DASA result||August 7, 2023, at 5 pm|
|Physical reporting||August 10 to 14, 2023|
For 2024 the dates are not announced, so these dates are essential for planning and preparation. To ensure you don’t miss any deadlines, keep an eye on the official announcements and table provided by the DASA authorities, which will include information about application deadlines, exam dates, and other crucial milestones in the admission process.
In this blog post, we discussed in detail the DASA scheme, eligibility criteria, and DASA application registration form and fee structure. For more updates about the DASA admissions, keep checking this page for regular updates and notifications. Do let me know in the comments section in case we missed anything, or if you want some more clarity.
Seeking expert guidance for selecting the ideal course and college after completing 11th and 12th grade? Look no further than iDreamCareer! Our all-encompassing career guidance solution offers personalized insights, aptitude evaluations, and expert counseling to empower you in making well-informed choices. Backed by the profound knowledge of our specialists, you can confidently opt for the right course and college. Our experts will guide you in discovering the perfect path for your future. Don’t waste any more time! Begin your journey towards a rewarding career by enrolling in iDreamCareer’s College Selection Program today. Take that crucial first step towards turning your aspirations in interior design into reality!
- DASA- Direct Admission of Students Abroad– official website
DASA Exam: FAQs
The DASA Scheme stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad, a program initiated by the Ministry of Education in India.
Foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible for DASA.
Yes, children of Indian workers in the Gulf (CIWG) can pay a reduced tuition fee of Rs. 1,25,000 per annum in Indian Rupees.
SAARC country nationals are eligible for a 50% tuition fee waiver if they pass the qualifying examination (JEE-Main) in their respective countries.
To apply, visit the official DASA website and pay a non-refundable registration fee of $300 for undergraduates and $300 for postgraduates, along with tuition fees as specified in the scheme.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
- April 23, 20236 Comments|
- August 27, 202250 Comments|
- March 30, 20209 Comments|
- March 27, 202054 Comments|
- April 10, 202369 Comments|
Anushree has 5 years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Senior Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for the Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.