Did you know that MBA is the second most preferred course by Indian students in the US after engineering? MBA Universities in the USA offer international students a rich and rewarding experience in terms of post-graduate education and employment. Undoubtedly, a degree from the best MBA Universities in the USA allows students to work for some of the highest-paying multinational companies and world-renowned recruiters!
The first MBA program in the 20th century was launched at the oldest and best business school in the US, Harvard Business School. Since then, the USA has remained the number one choice for MBA. It is also home to some of the top MBA colleges such as Stanford Business School, Wharton School, MIT Sloan, and Columbia Business School. The acceptance rate for these business schools is very low, with thousands of applicants applying each year.
It should not be forgotten that some of the best MBA colleges in the USA offer students different disciplines, diversity, and entrepreneurial skills. Want to learn more about the colleges that will make your dreams come true? Stay with us till the end as we bring you to explore the 10 best MBA Universities in the USA and more!
What all is covered in this post?
To make it easier for you, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about MBA universities in the USA.
Why pursue MBA in the USA?
MBA is considered one of the most popular programs among the international population. Here are some reasons why it’s the best choice:
- Highest Number of MBA Graduates – The US has a fantastic record of having the highest number of graduates in management courses. According to the US Department of Education, more than 1,26,000 MBA applicants graduate yearly.
- Leader in rankings – According to the QS and FT rankings, about 50 business schools in the US are located worldwide. According to the Financial Times Global MBA ranking, 51 US business school courses are recognized worldwide.
- Exceptional career growth opportunities – the headquarters of about 500 multinational corporations are located in the immediate vicinity of the United States. MBA graduates earn average salaries of around $116,000 per year. So you have a great chance to get a place with the world’s best recruiters. The best investment for future profits!
- Comprehensive Financial Aid – Who doesn’t love scholarships? About 348 universities provide a wide range of scholarships for international students.
- Industry experience – You can acquire a wide range of training programs, internships, experiential learning, and opportunities to interact with global leaders that prepare you to meet the demands of the market.
Eligibility to pursue MBA in the USA
Eligibility criteria for MBA universities in the USA varies based on GPA, timing, TOEFL-iBT scores, and work experience. Therefore, it becomes very important for international applicants to start planning their studies at least 1.5 years in advance to give themselves enough time to process their visa after acceptance.
Basic requirements of an MBA in the United States of America
Eligibility criteria for studying an MBA in the USA involve evaluating the applicant on various factors. Some of the basic criteria that an international student must meet are listed below:
- Completion of 16 years of education: This means you need to complete 10+2+4 education or complete a four-year bachelor’s degree program.
- Standardized Test Scores: In order to get into any business school in the US, you’ll mostly need a good GMAT score. Some universities may accept GRE equivalents.
- Language Proficiency Assessments: International applicants must submit IELTS or TOEFL scores to demonstrate their English language proficiency.
- Work Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience to pursue an MBA in the US. However, this varies from university to university and depends on the type of MBA program chosen.
Documents required to study MBA in the USA
International students who plan to study abroad must submit several additional documents. Some of them are listed below:
List of popular MBA universities in the USA
In this section, we have tabulated a list of popular MBA Universities in the USA.
|University Name||QS Global MBA Ranking||Average Tuition Fee for International Students (in USD)|
|Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University||1||119,964/ year|
|Harvard Business School, Harvard University||2||73,440/ year|
|Penn School of Business, Wharton University||2||83,230/ year|
|Sloan Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology||5||82,250/ year|
|Columbia Business School, Columbia University||9||77,376/ year|
|Haas Business School, University of California Berkeley||11||71,817/ year|
|Booth School of Business, University of Chicago||12||74,919/ year|
|Anderson School of Management, UCLA||15||70,368/ year|
|Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University||16||76,368/ year|
|NYU Stern School of Business, New York University||19||54,765/ year|
Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is a prominent private research university in Stanford, California, USA. It is one of the best universities not only in the USA but also in the whole world. The Stanford MBA is one of the most popular business programs offered worldwide. Stanford is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world by QS (Top universities) and THE (Times Higher Education). Of the 17,000 students, more than 9,000 are enrolled in masters and doctoral programs in Stanford’s 7 graduate schools.
- Course Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree followed by a two-year master’s degree is accepted with GMAT/GRE/IELTS/PTE/TOEFL score
Harvard Business School, Harvard University
Founded by a vote of the Grand and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, Harvard is the first college in the United States and was founded on September 8, 1636. The oldest institution of higher learning in the United States, Harvard University is a private Ivy League research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. and is among the most prestigious universities in the world.
- Course Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE/IELTS/PTE/TOEFL score
Penn School of Business, Wharton University
In 1749, an organization of 24 trustees led by Benjamin Franklin – the future founding father of the United States of America – gathered to create a higher educational institution. In subsequent years, the University of Pennsylvania, also known as the University of Pennsylvania or Penn, was chartered as a college in 1755, graduated its first class in 1757, established the first medical school in the American colonies in 1765, and became the first American institution of higher learning to be named a university in 1779.
- Course Duration: 20 Months
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE/PTE/TOEFL score
Sloan Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology was founded on April 10, 1861, after receiving a formal charter from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Civil war broke out two days after incorporation. Classes at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology began in 1865. Ellen Henrietta Swallow was the first woman to graduate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1914, a beaver was chosen as MIT’s mascot.
- Course Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE score
Columbia Business School, Columbia University
Founded by King George II of Great Britain in 1754, Columbia University is a private research university known to be the 5th oldest institution of higher education in the United States. Columbia University is one of nine colleges that were founded before independence. Initially, the university was popularly known as King’s College, and later in 1784, it was renamed Columbia University.
- Course Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE/TOEFL score
Haas Business School, the University of California Berkeley
Founded in 1868, the University of California, Berkeley Campus or University of California at Berkeley is the first state university. As the second oldest business school in the United States, the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley is one of the world’s leading producers of new ideas and knowledge in all areas of business, including having two of its faculty members receive Nobel Prizes in economics over the past 20 years.
- Course Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IETLS score
Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
The University of Chicago is a private research university located in Chicago, Illinois. The University of Chicago was founded in 1890 and had its first classes in 1892 with 594 students and 120 faculty members. The MBA program is offered by the Booth School of Business. This program is available with the following concentrations: Accounting, Analytical Finance, Behavioral Science, Business Analytics, Econometrics and Statistics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, International Business, Marketing Management, Operations Management, and Strategic Management.
- Course Duration: 21 Months
- Eligibility: 3 years bachelor’s degree with GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IETLS/PTE score
There you go! You have the info you wanted. Do you want to make a career decision now? Not settled yet? In case, you feel indecisive or confused, do dial us up.
iDreamCareer is on a mission to reach every state and every child in order to ensure that talent is appropriately delivered to the industry.
Talk to our study abroad experts who have 20+ years of experience to know yourself in and out! We have helped several brilliant but confused minds with the aim to select their most-suited career choices. Hear the success story of Aayush who got an offer from the top 3 universities and is now studying at the University in Ottawa in Canada after getting career guidance from our industry experts!
- Best Universities in California
- Best Universities in Canada
- Top Universities in USA
- Education in USA: Everything You Need to Know
- Study in UK
- Study in Australia
- Study MBBS Abroad in USA & Canada
- Online MBA Study Abroad
- Education USA – Official Website
- Student Visa USA
- MBA in USA: A Guide for Indian Students
- Best MBA Colleges in USA
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in the USA
- Top Public Universities in USA
The Graduate School Admission Test (GMAT) is one of the most important elements for those who want to pursue an MBA in the USA. Applicants need an impressive GMAT score to secure admission to an MBA program in the US.
The average first-year cost of an MBA in the US is 35.26 lakh rupees, including an average tuition fee of 27.14 lakh rupees and an average living expense of 8.13 lakh rupees.
There is no failing grade on the GMAT test. The GMAT is widely used by universities abroad to select MBA applicants.
An MBA can be as rewarding or as difficult as you make it. The corporate world requires standing on one’s own two feet, and the MBA program prepares students for the challenges ahead. MBA programs are designed to make graduates competent business professionals.
Full-time MBA programs in the US typically last two years, but many also offer one-year accelerated programs. Part-time MBA programs allow students to take classes in the evenings and/or on weekends to accommodate their busy schedules.
Anushree has 4+ years of experience in the career counseling industry as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Master’s in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion for writing.