Data Science is among the most fascinating industrial roles out there today. As one of the most promising and in-demand career paths, this field continues to evolve with skilled professionals such as Data Scientists. Looking for a definite list of data science courses?
Today’s Data Scientists are past the traditional skills of analyzing large amounts of data, data mining, and flawless programming skills. They are uncovering useful intelligence for their organizations, businesses, and enterprises the world over.
“Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the web like deer on a freeway.” And yes, that’s true!
By Geoffrey Moore
Interested? Want to know more… Continue reading!
What all is covered in this post?
To make it easier for you, we have created a quick guide to everything you need to know about the data science course.
What is Data Science?
Data science is a field of research that combines domain technology, planning skills, and mathematical knowledge to produce sound data. Data science continues to emerge as one of the most promising and much-needed ways to work with skilled professionals.
Today, successful data professionals realize that they need to go beyond traditional skills to analyze large amounts of data, data mining, and editing skills.
Who is a data scientist?
Data Scientist is a specialist who uses Mathematical and Statistical methods, computer modeling, and software to extract knowledge and information from structured (such as a database in MS-Excel or SQL) or unstructured data (such as written text, images, and videos).
Data can be anything from:
- Population data
- Sales data
- Customer data
- Personal income data
- Satellite data
Or anything else for that matter…
Do you know – A Data Scientist is different from Data Analyst? Data Scientists use computer modeling and write algorithms to extract information from a large set of data that is normally not possible by using Statistical and Mathematical tools only.
Job role in data science
In this section, we will discuss the roles and responsibilities you will be required to work on as a data scientist.
This is the process of obtaining data from various sources such as news sites, surveys, social networks, and even website cookies.
This is the process of analyzing and organizing how data should be updated, collected, and stored. This is an important aspect of any organization that wants to use large amounts of data.
A data processor cleans the raw data and categorizes it accordingly. A data scientist looks for inconsistencies and missing data to ensure there are no errors in their analysis.
This is the process of scrutinizing the data to find key patterns and trends. In order to make this information presentable to others, a lot of statistical analysis and visualization is done at this stage.
This is deriving ideas from the data model. Data scientists must present this idea in a way that stakeholders can understand.
How to learn data science?
No wonder the demand for data scientists is at an all-time high. If you’re considering a career in data science, now is the best time to start.
But the question is how to learn a data science course?
This is a difficult question. But don’t worry following are steps you may consider to have an idea about what are the effective ways to learn this course.
Job in data science
You may find the following job opportunities:
- IT Systems Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Healthcare Data Analyst
- Transportation Logistics Specialist
- Project Manager
- Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Engineer
Some of the organizations that hire Data Scientists are:
- Some of the leading consulting firms are Accenture, Bain & Company, Ernst & Young, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), KPMG, Deloitte, McKinsey, PwC, etc.
- Online Retail Organizations like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc.
- Banks like Axis Bank, HDFC, ICICI Bank, Citi Bank, etc.
- Social Media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Technology companies like Apple, Microsoft, Intel, etc.
List of job guarantee data science courses
Following are some of the courses you may consider for job assurance:
- Applied Data Science with R from IBM at DataTrained
- Data Science Master’s Program at Simplilearn
- Data Science and AI Course with Real-Work Experience at Skill Slash
- Data Science Course at 360 DigiTMG
- Advanced Certification in Data Science and AI from IIT Madras at IntelliPaat
- Advanced Certification in Data Analytics at IIT Kanpur
Apart from the above-mentioned courses, for more course options refer to this link.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you.
Data science course fees
As there are a lot of options to choose from, the average data science course fee can range anywhere between Rs. 30,000 to 1,00,000 per annum. This, however, completely depends on the course, duration and institute.
Data science pay after placement – Are there any courses?
Yes, several courses offer pay-after-placement facilities to the students.
Data science pay scale – salary in India
- At the entry level, expect anything between Rs. 25,000 to 50, 000+ per month.
- Junior level: expect anywhere between Rs 50,000 to 1,00,000+ per month.
- Middle level (6-12 years): expect Rs 70,000-2,00,000+ per month.
- At the senior level after 12 years of work experience, your earnings will be between Rs. 2,00,000 to 6,00,000 or more per month. You’ll be Chief Technical Officer, Board member, or Director or something around that time with that much experience, not a data scientist anymore!
Note: Figures are indicative only. Discretion is advised for further transmission of this data in any form.
We hope we have served you most of the answers about the data science course. It is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after job roles in the industry today. Whether you’ve already planned a career in it or just starting to dip your toes in the thoughts of it, allow us to make it a bit easier for you.
Talk to an expert today to figure out more of what you must know before you begin your journey. At iDreamCareer with the help of our Career Counselling and Guidance Services and educational counsellors, we try to help many young confused minds from 9th class, 10th class, class 11, class 12 with an aim to select their suitable career choices.
- What do Data Scientists Do? – Harvard Business Review
- Careers in Technology
- Data Science Complete Guide
- A career in Statistics
- All you need to know about B Sc Computer Science
- Scope of Mathematics
- The bachelor of engineering degrees
- Computer Science vs. Information Technology
- About Computer Applications Masters (MCA)
- Choosing an alternative career plan
The following skills are critical to a data scientist’s job, learning data science courses in Python, Tableau, R, and having a deep knowledge of Hadoop.
Following are some of the best Data Science Courses Online – IBM Data Science Professional Certificate, Data Science Courses on Coursera, Udemy, and Python for Data Science Courses.
Following IITs offer data science courses – IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, and IIT Hyderabad offer diploma, certificate, and degree programs in data science.
Discover More by accessing the Free Career Dashboard
This will help us share relevant information with you
March 27, 202051 Comments|
March 27, 202036 Comments|
January 19, 20222 Comments|
March 30, 20209 Comments|
March 30, 202013 Comments|
Anushree has 5+ years of experience and currently she is associated with idreamcareer.com as a Content Writer. She has also worked as a Social Media Marketing Expert for a startup and Content Quality Analyst for Publishing and E-learning Industry. She has done her Masters in Commerce and PGDM in Finance & Trade and Marketing & HR, but she is currently following her passion towards writing.