Annamalai University is a household name in the south of India. Needless to say that it is one of the most sought universities in the region as well.
Annamalai University of Tamil Nadu, accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC in 2014, is one of India’s largest public residential universities with 10 Faculties and 49 departments of study.
“The NIRF-2019” by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has ranked the University in the band 101 – 150 in the overall category. In the Pharmacy Category, the ranking is 12th in India. In the Medical Category, the ranking is 25th.
“The SCImago Institutional Ranking” (2019) has ranked it 9th in Tamil Nadu and 29th among the top 212 ranked institutions for Higher Education in India.
Annamalai University has in total 49 departments of study which can be broadly classified into the Faculties of Arts, Sciences, Marine Sciences, Indian Languages, Engineering & Technology, Education, Fine Arts, Agriculture, Medicine and Dentistry.
- The University offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs along with many Diploma/ PG Diploma and Certificate programs.
- Annamalai University courses are distributed across 2 dimensions: “on-campus” and “distance mode” (controlled by DDE-Directorate of Distance Education). Accordingly, the details described here are under those 2 broad subsections.
- The application to all the courses is through online registration and submission of physical copies to the university.
- Admission to all Annamalai University courses is purely based on merit following the rules of reservation of the Tamil Nadu State Government for in-state and out-of-state aspirants. Some courses, as detailed in the following sections, also accept successful candidates of state-level and national-level entrance tests.
Annamalai University “On-Campus” Programs Overview: Courses, Admission, Application and Fees
Following is an overview of the courses offered by the University in direct classroom mode (on-campus mode).
Annamalai University Courses
Annamalai University Courses – On-Campus PhD Programs
Following is an overview of the faculties offering PhD and M Phil programs . For a deeper look at various other details, refer to the university prospectus. If you have passed your Master’s Degree through the Open University system, you are not eligible to apply for a PhD degree at Annamalai University.
Annamalai University Application & Admission: On-Campus Courses
Visit the university portal. Your screen shall be looking like this.
Click “Admissions On-Campus”
You will be directed to the Admissions On-Campus portal. On the left menu bar, check out all the options.
- Selection Guide: This gives a full picture of all the programs offered based on the field of study.
- Fee Structure: For all the programs offered, this gives the tuition & and other fee details for Indian as well as international students.
- Applications: A new applicant, as well as a registered applicant, can enter through this menu. The various programs that are grouped into the streams are as follows.
- Standard Formats: The standard formats for the various annexure & declarations required for admission are given in the “standard format” tab for examples, nativity, income, authorizations, impairments etc.
- Counselling: The courses undergoing counseling phases will be updated in this tab for counseling schedules, counseling call letters, admit lists, and wait lists.
For Arts, Science, Marine Sciences, Education, Indian Languages the entry is through:
Post Graduate programs
5 Year Integrated PG programs
The standalone programs are as follows
B F Sc
B.Ed. / M.Ed.
Annamalai University Admission 2020: Registration Process for On-Campus Courses
a) Registration for all courses Except PG programs and 5 Year Integrated Programs
You have to click & download the prospectuses and read all the instructions before proceeding to fill in an application. If you are a new applicant enter through the NEW APPLICANT Link.
Enter educational details (10th or 12th or Diploma), registration number, month and year.
Enter name, DOB, mobile number, Aadhaar number, nativity, community, e-mail ID (this will be your USER NAME), password and submit the form.
After registering you will have to use your user name & password to login through the REGISTERED APPLICANT link.
b) Registration for PG programs and 5 Year Integrated Programs
If you are a new applicant, you have to enter through the NEW APPLICANT Link. Click and download the prospectuses and read all the instructions before proceeding to fill the application.
Select your preferred faculty (Arts, Science, Marine Sciences, Indian Languages, Education).
Then select the course (M.A., M.Sc., MCA, M.B.A., M. Com., M Lib I Sc)
Then select the program (e.g. if M.A., select History or English or others).
Then enter your educational details (12th or UG Degree), registration number, month and year.
Enter details such as name, DOB, mobile number, Aadhaar number, nativity, community, e-mail ID (this will be your USER NAME), password and submit the form.
You also have to enter all educational details, impairment details (if any), and upload photos in subsequent pages.
After registering you will have to use your user name & password to login through the REGISTERED APPLICANT link.
You can verify the entered details by clicking the “Click to verify Application” button. You will get a preview of the application in PDF form.
After confirming the entries click the “Submit for Payment” button to make your payment for the application. Once you click this button you cannot edit your application.
The printed application form along with all the annexure and the Demand Draft (if applicable), should be sent by Speed Post / Registered Post or in person in a Thick Kraft Envelope of size 30 cm x 24 cm by affixing the label on the last page of the printout. The application should be sent to this address:
Annamalainagar – 608 002
Tamil Nadu State
Annamalai University Fees 2020: On-Campus Courses
Following is an overview of the fee structure of various on-campus courses for Indian nationals. For international students, please refer to this unified portal page to get detailed information about on-campus course fees.
Annamalai University Distance Education (DDE) Overview: Courses, Admission, Application and Fees
All the programs of study offered by the Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
The teaching faculty in the DDE comprises 30 academic wings. The disciplines in which programs are offered are:
Refer here to view all available DDE study centers in Tamil Nadu. Refer to this University page to know about all the learning centers out of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. Refer to this list of international centers, the names and contact information of establishments outside India.
Annamalai University Courses: DDE Undergraduate Courses
Following are the UG courses offered by the DDE in BA, B Sc, B Com, BBA, LLB and other disciplines.
Annamalai University Courses: DDE Postgraduate Courses
Following is an overview of the post graduate degree programs offered by the DDE in various disciplines.
Annamalai University Courses: DDE PG Diploma Courses
Following is an overview of the disciplines for which PG Diploma Programs are offered by the DDE various disciplines.
Annamalai University Courses: DDE Diploma & Certificate Courses in Engineering & Technology
Following is an overview of the disciplines for which Diploma and Certificate programs are offered by the DDE in the Engineering & Technology disciplines.
Annamalai University Application Form and Admission: DDE Courses
You can download the prospectuses and application forms from the university’s DDE portal.
The academic year of the DDE is from 1st July to 30th June.
- Those who have passed Class 12th in September month are not eligible to join UG degree programs in the same academic year.
- You are not permitted to join or study 2 degree programs at a time in the DDE.
- If you are found pursuing 2 degree Programs simultaneously, the DDE will cancel the admission to any 1 of the programs at its discretion.
- However, if you are pursuing a degree program, you are permitted to join or study a Certificate / Diploma / PG Diploma program concurrently.
- The duration of an M.B.A. program of study will be 2 years and you shall have to complete the program within a period of 7 years from the year of your admission.
- You can download the confirmation of your admission from the university portal.
- After you are admitted, you will be assigned an Enrolment Number. The first 3 digits of the enrolment number represent the program code, the 4th and 5th digits represent the year of your admission, namely 20 for 2020, and the rest of the digits represent your serial number of admissions for that program.
- The Enrolment Number, which is different from your Application Number, will continue to be the same till you complete a program.
Annamalai University Admission Process 2020: DDE Spot Admission & Admission by Post
If you are living near any of the study centers, you can step in for spot admission. Selection for direct admission to all the programs is made at the study centers.
For spot admission, you will need these:
Admission through Post
- If you do not live near any of the study centers, you may apply online but you will have to send in your application form along with passport size photographs to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar – 608 002.
- You will receive a provisional admission card, on receipt of which you will have to send (Registered post or Courier or Speed post or produce in person) your original Certificates of documents submitted along with application for (i) Educational qualification (ii) Transfer/ Migration Certificate and payment confirmation for the prescribed fees.
- After the confirmation of your admission, your original certificates including Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate affixed with a seal on the TC that you are admitted during the academic year 2020 – 21, will be returned to you through a registered post.
Annamalai University Fees: DDE Course Fee Structure 2020
Following is an overview of the fee structure of different offered by the DDE in the academic year 2020-2021. If you wish to know detailed yearly prescribed fees for each program, you can refer to the university brochure.
Annamalai University Placement Activities
The following chart will give you an idea of placement offerings in 2018. Figures are indicative.
Popular recruiters include Amazon, Flipkart, Cognizant, India Games, HCL, Decathlon, Pepperfry.com, ITC Ltd., Ramoji Film City, MediaWorks, Reliance, TATA, TCS, ELXSI, Tech Mahindra, Balaji Telefilms, Times of India, Calvin Klein, Neeta Lulla, Manish Malhotra, Rocky S, Nike, Satya Paul, Spykar, Shoppers Stop, Wrangler, Tommy Hilfiger etc.
Students have also been absorbed by HCL, Big Bazaar, Idea Cellular Services, HDFC Bank, Wipro, Infosys, Tata Teleservices Ltd. etc. in the past years.
We have just served a gist of curated information for aspirants like you aiming at admission into one of the most coveted universities, the Annamalai University offering various programs pertaining to multiple academic wings. Annamalai University is one of the rare institutions which offer industry oriented learning with their programs carefully structured. Nevertheless, if you feel perplexed and confused about what to take up in your future years, how about reaching out to us for unbiased career counseling? Plan now!
You may want to seek our services below:
Disclaimer - This post may contain information drawn from University announcements made in past academic years. The same shall be updated as soon as notifications are released by the concerned authorities of Annamalai University
You may also love to read:
A specialist in actionable intelligence and knowledge delivery through research and analyses-centric presentations, with demonstrated skills in cross-disciplinary data interpretation/representation with a high degree of proficiency surrounding technical and scientific disciplines. A post-graduate in Biophysics and graduate in Chemistry, she has interned with the prestigious Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics. Sreenanda comes with years of proven experience in scholastic compositions through meta-analytic systemic investigations.