Ever since its inception in 1922, Delhi University (DU) has been a beacon of knowledge for the nation and an esteemed institution in tertiary education. It currently has 91 Colleges, 16 Faculties, 86 Departments, 20 Centres, and 03 Institutes. In 2019, the University has been conferred with the prestigious Institution of Eminence (IoE) status by the MHRD. All applicants are responsible for regularly checking the portal for updates.
Admission for 2021 Onwards
Here we have given lists of courses offered by DU, all admission process details, entrance test details and more.
Merit list is calculated according to:
- Class 11-12 “Best Four” subjects for admission to courses through the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Music, Social Sciences, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities
- Class 11-12 “Three Subjects” for admission to courses under the faculties of Sciences and Applied Sciences
Lists of all UG courses in DU:
- B.A.(Hons.) English
- B.A.(Hons.) Hindi
- B.A.(Hons.) Arabic/ Bengali/ Persian/ Punjabi/ Sanskrit/ Urdu
- B.A.(Hons.) French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish
- B.A.(Hons.) Applied Psychology/ Geography/ History/ Political Science/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Philosophy/ Psychology
- B.A. (Vocational Studies) Human Resources Management
- B.A. (Vocational Studies) Management and Marketing of Insurance
- B.A. (Vocational Studies) Marketing Management and Retail Business
- B.A. (Vocational Studies) Material Management
- B.A. (Hons.) Hindi Patrakarita
- B.A. (Hons.) Journalism
- B.Voc. (Printing Technology)
- B.Voc. (Web Designing)
- B.Voc.(Health Care Management)
- B.Voc. (Retail Management and IT)
- B.Voc.(Banking Operations)
- B.Voc.(Software Development)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics/ Statistics
- B.Sc. Mathematical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Anthropology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Biological Sciences/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry/ Physics/ Polymer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics/ Instrumentation
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Geology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Biochemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Biomedical Science
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science
- B.Sc. (Pass) Home Science
- B.Sc.(Prog.) Applied Life Science/ Life Science
- B.Sc. (Prog.) Applied Physical Sciences with Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry/ Applied Physical Sciences with Industrial Chemistry
- B. Sc. (Prog.) Physical Science with Chemistry/Physical Science with Electronics
- B.Sc. (Prog.) Physical Science with Computer Science
UG Admission Process
Step I: Registration on the UG portal
All the candidates are required to register online with a valid e-mail ID
You will need scanned copies of the certificates:
(a) Class X certificate
(b) Class XII certificate
(c) Relevant reservation certificate issued by competent authority
(d) Self attested copies of requisite certificates for admission under sports/ ECA category
(e) Link of the uploaded clip for admission against music
(f) Photo identity card (Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter Identity Card, Passport or School Identity Card)
Step II: Payment of the registration fees
There is no method available other than online link generated for payment of the registration fee (Credit Card/ Debit card/ Netbanking only).
Step III: Reopening of the portal
You will be allowed to update the marks and make minor corrections in the form during this window provided to them. This will only be a one time process.
Step IV: Declaration of Cut-off
DU shall declare a minimum of 5 Cut-Offs.
Special Cut-Off admissions will be the last cut-off declared by a college for a particular course. That is, if the college has vacant seats after DU has completed the 5th round of cut-off. Please find more details in the UG Prospectus of DU 2021. Link in given in last section.
Step V: Selection of Course and College
You will be allowed to choose only one course and one college. Multiple simultaneous admissions are not permitted.
Step VI: Online verification of documents by respective colleges
No application will be left undecided. It will either be approved or declined. You will be communicated the status of your application on your dashboard.
Step VII: Payment of fees to confirm admission
You are advised to pay the fee without delay within 24 hours of the approval of admission by the Principal of the College, and save the acknowledgement slip bearing transaction ID, Credit Card/ Debit card/ Netbanking details and date of transaction
Step VIII: Physical verification of the original documents
Your uploaded documents will be verified by the respective colleges within the stipulated time period.
Entrance-based Admission to Undergraduate Courses
For the year 2021 and onwards, the National Testing Agency will be conducting the entrance tests in 24 cities for:
- B.A. (Honours) Business Economics [BA(H)BE]
- Bachelor of Management Studies [BMS]
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) [B.Tech(IT & MI)]
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences [BA(H)HSS]
- Bachelor of Elementary Education[B.El.Ed]
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports [BSc (PE, HE & S)]
- B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication [BA(H)MMC]
- 5 Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [FYIPJ]
Admission to the following courses in the Faculty of Music and Fine Arts will also be entrance test based:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/ Sarod/ Guitar/ Violin/ Santoor)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/ Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani Music – Percussion (Tabla/ Pakhawaj)
In these uncertain COVID times with no board exams, every admission process pertaining to tertiary education (college-level) after Class 11-12 is going to be a daunting task. All competitive exams are also being held under strict monitoring. However, we wish you the very best for your journey into the world of DU. We, at iDreamCareer, have helped millions to discover their true colours and choose a college course scientifically after Class 11-12. Career planning & development is a tricky affair. We also collaborate with several state governments and all schools of CBSE pan India. You can trust us! Find the entire UG prospectus here.
Currently associated with iDreamCareer (India) as the Principal Analyst.