Confused about your way ahead? Looking for highest paying jobs and trending careers in India? Trying to figure out what career choice will ensure future-proof skills that will help you land these highest paying jobs in a changing world of work?
Students must prepare for future opportunities & challenges in a rapidly changing labour market. Today, there are multiple roles in diverse industrial structures that can provide a financially secure future and the high salary jobs.
15 Examples – Overview of The World of Work
You can check out some of the highest paying jobs/roles from the list and infographic below.
Salary ranges indicated in the following list are monthly entry-level salaries only. The years of education/ experience obviously differs in each case. For example, you may practice as a Software Engineer for a few years and then specialize in Machine Learning, in which case, though you will have some work experience to back you, it will not be entirely relevant for ML, so you will be offered entry level salary for ML expert which is much higher than entry level salary of a software engineer. So this list talks about entry level for ML experts and not SEs.
- Commercial Pilot –Rs. 90,000 to 150,000
- Medical Professionals (after MD, varies with specialty too) – Rs 100000 to 200000
- Machine Learning Experts – Rs. 70,000 to 1,50,000
- Chartered Accountants – Rs 50000 to 90000
- Architects & Planners – Rs 65000 to 100000
- Actuaries – Rs 70000 to 120000
- Investment Bankers – Rs 50000 to 150000
- Interior Designers – Rs 50000 to Rs 80000
- Full Stack Software Developers – Rs 80000 to 135000
- Management Consultants – Rs 100000 to 350000
- Blockchain Developers – Rs 80000 to 125000
- Cognitive Scientists – Rs 70000 to 100000
- Merchant Navy Officers – Rs 75000 to 120000
- Data Analysts – Rs 72000 to 200000
- Intelligence Officers (audit/enquiry/investigation etc.) – Rs 80000 to 120000
Examples of Stable, New and Redundant Roles, All Industries
Range of Roles That Are Set To Experience Max Demand
Some of these highest paying jobs and trending careers in this section maybe new to you.
Roles that are substantially based on and augmented by the use of technology:
- Data Analysts and Scientists
- Software & Applications Developers
- Ecommerce & Social Media Specialists
Wholly new specialist roles that requires understanding and leveraging latest emerging technologies:
- AI and Machine Learning Specialists
- Big Data Specialists
- Process Automation Experts
- Information Security Analysts
- User Experience and Human-Machine Interaction Designers
- Robotics Engineers
- Blockchain Specialists
Roles that leverage distinctively ‘human’ skills:
- Innovation Managers – People & Culture/ Training & Development/ Organizational Development Specialists
- Customer Service Workers
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Teaching – from preschool to higher education
- Mental Health Professionals, particularly Clinical Psychologists
Source: Global Wage Report, International Labour Organization
The GICS sectors on high tide
Automobile & Auto Ancillary, Consumer Durables, Retail and Start-ups are performing well on the hiring front. Focus on them, if you can/want. Some of the highest paying jobs and trending careers in India are concentrated in these core sectors.
Psst..What are GICS sectors?
GICS (the Global Industry Classification Standard) include 11 major industrial sectors:
- Communication services
- Consumer discretionary
- Consumer staples
- Health care
- Information Technology
- Real estate
Skills that are relevant & trending today and those most likely to be redundant in 20 years
Source: Future of Jobs Survey, World Economic Forum
Technologies That are Expected to be Adopted by Different Industries
Highest paying jobs and trending careers can be expected to be associated with the adoption of these technologies.
- User and entity big data analytics
- App- and web-enabled markets
- Internet of things
- Machine learning
- Cloud computing
- Digital trade
- Augmented and virtual reality
- New innovative materials
- Wearable electronics
- Distributed ledger (blockchain)
- 3D printing
- Autonomous transport
- Stationary robots
- Quantum computing
- Non-humanoid land robots
- Humanoid robots
- Aerial and underwater robots
More Interesting Options That You Didn’t Know About
Also remember, there are a number of other purely entrepreneurial exercises (passive income ideas) that can take you towards your dream bank balance and not just above highest paying job options. These are primary income options for some people too, some of them come from very humble backgrounds like farming etc.
- Online blogging/ vlogging or Tweet consulting (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) – some people also pay money directly to admins to promote their content on Facebook etc.
- Travel blogging
- Stock market trading
- Radio jockeying
- Website renting/ Affiliate marketing (similar to running a retail shop)- signup with retailers like Amazon or Flipkart etc, promote their products on your website and social media to make money.
- Test websites – You don’t need to be a digital expert to test websites. You can get started with these:
- Taking online surveys (make money by responding to surveys online, rewards depend on the site) – YouGov, Prolific, Swagbucks, LifePoints, Survey Junkie, and OneOpinion
Hope our examples matched some of your ideas and also built new ones in your mind. If you’re still not familiar with some highest paying jobs and trending careers, go back if you wish.
Career planning is an intense affair. iDC is the foremost in this field and helping millions show the true colour their mettle, in India and abroad.
Honours in Chemistry (Magna cum Laude), Master’s in Biophysics (Summa cum Laude), Dissertation from Institute of Nuclear Physics (India)
A specialist in actionable intelligence and knowledge delivery through research and analyses-centric presentations, with demonstrated skills in cross-disciplinary data interpretation/representation with a high degree of proficiency surrounding technical and scientific disciplines. A post-graduate in Biophysics & Biostatistics and a graduate in Chemistry, she has interned with the prestigious SINP (Calcutta). She comes with proven experience in scholastic compositions through meta-analytic systemic investigations.
Currently associated with iDreamCareer (India) as an Educational Intelligence Analyst & Researcher